Garmin Fenix 3

StevieL

Is there any sort of calibration required? In went for my firt ride with the Fenix and it tells me very different stuff than the Shealth app on my phone i used. In was rather surprised.

I would guess the fenix is more accurate with gos stats (distance, speed...etc)?

How big a difference? Between my bike comp and fenix there's usually less than 1km difference over a 20km ride. Are you sure your fenix is in km and not miles?

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How big a difference? Between my bike comp and fenix there's usually less than 1km difference over a 20km ride. Are you sure your fenix is in km and not miles?

It was a big difference and checked the settings now and it was on miles...eish...changed it to the right units and all good. Thanks

Got my fenix 3 sapphire HR Saturday, LOVE IT, cant believe its miles ahead of Polar.

Loving mine also. So many features tothis thing amd it looks smart.

It was a big difference and checked the settings now and it was on miles...eish...changed it to the right units and all good. Thanks

Don't worry, it happened to me as well. First ride with it was a race, and where my bike comp said I've done 40 odd km my fenix said only about 20. Check that your settings on you comp and phone are the same as the watch, otherwise it changes your watch settings every time you connect. 

Don't worry, it happened to me as well. First ride with it was a race, and where my bike comp said I've done 40 odd km my fenix said only about 20. Check that your settings on you comp and phone are the same as the watch, otherwise it changes your watch settings every time you connect.

Aahh ok. When you first switch it on it asks for all the settings you want and i said km at that time but then it went to miles again. Will check that Connect app now and change them also. Thanks

Aahh ok. When you first switch it on it asks for all the settings you want and i said km at that time but then it went to miles again. Will check that Connect app now and change them also. Thanks

You need to go into the Garmin Connect webpage from a PC/Laptop

Then under devices, click on your Fenix 3 and change the "Device Display Units" to kilometers, otherwise when you sync with garmin connect it will revert the settings back to miles

I'm on my third, one was faulty and one was lost and replaced. I got the reverting to miles thing on my second or third unit and it kept happening. Nothing had been changed on my GC or the phone, can't remember how I fixed it though.

Edited by Jigghead

You need to go into the Garmin Connect webpage from a PC/Laptop

Then under devices, click on your Fenix 3 and change the "Device Display Units" to kilometers, otherwise when you sync with garmin connect it will revert the settings back to miles

On device set gps to count per second and not gos to smart.... especially on trail running and Mtb's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lately, my watch does a software update every time I connect to my phone. And it takes FOREVER, like an hour at least. If I leave it and the phone goes off the process stops, so I actually have to keep the screen on the whole time so that it can finish "sending software update". And I check that it completes successfully so it's not like it continually tries to do the same update. This is really becoming annoying now, anyone else experiencing this?

Lately, my watch does a software update every time I connect to my phone. And it takes FOREVER, like an hour at least. If I leave it and the phone goes off the process stops, so I actually have to keep the screen on the whole time so that it can finish "sending software update". And I check that it completes successfully so it's not like it continually tries to do the same update. This is really becoming annoying now, anyone else experiencing this?

I cannot update my watch as I only have my work laptop and it's security does not allow any downloads. How do I get it to update via my phone or over a wi-fi network? I am willing to deal with the slowness.

I cannot update my watch as I only have my work laptop and it's security does not allow any downloads. How do I get it to update via my phone or over a wi-fi network? I am willing to deal with the slowness.

Once you've downloaded the app on your phone, just activate bluetooth on your phone and watch and they should pair automatically. Otherwise you can go to "pair" on the watch. I haven't set up wifi on the watch yet, but apparently it'll automatically upload all your activities once connected (and download software updates I presume). 

It takes time to learn all the functions of this thing. I'm still learning after 3 months..

Is your work network blocking things.. Or grip policy settings on your computer. Chances are it's the work internet rules blocking anything. Set your phone as a hotspot and connect your laptop WiFi to that hotspot and try

I have had maybe 2 updates in the last 3 weeks, each one a maximum of 2 minutes to do the update and reset. I have a Fenix 3 grey current software version 8.00

Is your work network blocking things.. Or grip policy settings on your computer. Chances are it's the work internet rules blocking anything. Set your phone as a hotspot and connect your laptop WiFi to that hotspot and try

It has bitlocker on the actual PC and it required encryption of any device connecting to it. It says that the Fenix  is too small to protect and hence the PC will not download anything to the Fenix without it being protected by bitlocker so cannot use the work PC at all.

So, if I setup wifi via Garmin express app on my laptop, then get the Fenix to connect to my home wifi (the one I setup in the app), it will update my software?

Edited by AlanD

I have had maybe 2 updates in the last 3 weeks, each one a maximum of 2 minutes to do the update and reset. I have a Fenix 3 grey current software version 8.00

same same