Garmin Fenix 3

StevieL

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You may be right but my money is on a loose glass with a o-ring seal of sorts. They would be able to make it water-proof otherwise.

All else fails, tape it up when painting but like everyone says just use it.

My biggest fear is grinding it along the ground if I was to come off my bike........

Was actually looking at a carbiner mount for it for when I cycle, run or hike but then you would need to be constantly removing and re-attaching the straps.........

As far as I can recall from a post on the Garmin forums, the watch casing comes inn two parts.  The bezel and glass as a unit and the rest but you cannot buy the one or the other they only come as a unit.

With dealings with Navworld on the subject they also advised that Garmin will sell you a new watch at a reduced cost rather than replace the housing as it doesn't seem like anyone imports those or replaces them here in SA.

This was a while ago though so hings might have changed.  I would save the cash and get a 5 ..... 

post-13721-0-08085000-1491552059_thumb.jpg

If you are considering a trade to get the F5 because of scratches, I would wait and get the 935 which is the plastic version and will be less prone to scratched showing up as they will on the metal F5.

For me the F3 is a working watch for all my workouts, swim, run and cycle.  It gets knocked about so scratches go with the territory!

Can the display then be separately from the bezel?

The display screen and bezel appear to be a single unit but there must be a way of separating them as replacement bezels with and without glass were available....search ebay

If you are considering a trade to get the F5 because of scratches, I would wait and get the 935 which is the plastic version and will be less prone to scratched showing up as they will on the metal F5.

For me the F3 is a working watch for all my workouts, swim, run and cycle.  It gets knocked about so scratches go with the territory!

Couldn't agree more!!

The 5 series really doesn't offer much more either so my 3 will still be a round for a while I think.

After less than 6 weeks i took mine back to Navworld on Monday. The reason i bought it was so i wouldn't need to wear a strap as with my 920XT. But after numerous tests at various distances the Elevate HR sensor was just way to unreliable to be utilised. Seen as i live in a very very flat area (13m gain over 10km), keeping my pace constant is eas. While running i would scan for the HRM strap at different distances and the HR reading would drop from a Threshold to aerobic / Easy (23-34 BPMS) each time. 

Now waiting to get feedback from their Head Office department to see what my options are.

After less than 6 weeks i took mine back to Navworld on Monday. The reason i bought it was so i wouldn't need to wear a strap as with my 920XT. But after numerous tests at various distances the Elevate HR sensor was just way to unreliable to be utilised. Seen as i live in a very very flat area (13m gain over 10km), keeping my pace constant is eas. While running i would scan for the HRM strap at different distances and the HR reading would drop from a Threshold to aerobic / Easy (23-34 BPMS) each time. 

Now waiting to get feedback from their Head Office department to see what my options are.

That's a very contentious topic. Watched a lot of youtube reviews and they are pretty split on whether there is or isn't a marked difference.

Would be interested to hear how Garmin resolves this for you. Please keep us updated.

That's a very contentious topic. Watched a lot of youtube reviews and they are pretty split on whether there is or isn't a marked difference.

Would be interested to hear how Garmin resolves this for you. Please keep us updated.

Also don't hold your breath on this ... you will pass out!!

Garmin isn't know for their service.  I have given up on the fact that mine doesn't calculate VO2 Max anymore.

So much back and forth until Garmin Europe said I can get it replaced and when I informed Garmin SA they wanted to start the whole investigative process again and I just gave up on it... I can't be arsed to be without my watch for a few weeks really 

So I might be looking at getting a 5X when they release after all but at the moment VO2 Max isn't that important ...

Oh and I prefer to use the HRM-Tri band in any case as I mount the watch on the handlebar when MTBking.  Also when using the wattbike I like to loosen the strap quite a bit and swivel the watch around to sit on the inside of my arm a bit higher from the wrist as I can see the data by just looking and not letting go of the handlebars or moving my position in the seat.

Might sound silly but that's what works for me ;)

I'm using the gear min watch face and the sunset/sunrise time has been correct but now it is showing that sunrise is at 12:34 and sunset at 01:31. I was overseas recently so maybe it calibrated to when I was there?

How do I get it to reset to Souf Afica?

I'm using the gear min watch face and the sunset/sunrise time has been correct but now it is showing that sunrise is at 12:34 and sunset at 01:31. I was overseas recently so maybe it calibrated to when I was there?

Try and switch off / on gps or reboot the watch.

Try the following:

Go to the sunrise Widget as though you would normally check it to see the times. Then press the "Start/Stop" button.

It should show a screen which reads: "Update Loacation? Yes/No"

Just update it and it should fix your issues.

Hey guys.

I used the gps for the first time yesterday. Is it normal for it to not track you 100%? Or is it something that gets better the more you use it? I was walking along the road. There are appartments on both sides but nothing that you could call sky scrapers.

post-25481-0-12420300-1491647255_thumb.png

Hey guys.

I used the gps for the first time yesterday. Is it normal for it to not track you 100%? Or is it something that gets better the more you use it? I was walking along the road. There are appartments on both sides but nothing that you could call sky scrapers.

attachicon.gifIMG_2821.PNG

Change gps to rec every second

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Change gps to rec every second

On the watch I changed data recording from smart to every second. Is that the setting? Does it affect the hr sensor?

On the watch I changed data recording from smart to every second. Is that the setting? Does it affect the hr sensor?[/quote

No, inly gps. What exactly is the issue? Gps inaccurate?