Garmin Fenix 3

StevieL

i see several okes have bought new bands for their watches. Mine broke this morning so I'm also shopping around. Does the fenix 5 band not fit on the 3? Takealot has every colour band for the 3 except black.. But they have a black band for the 5.. 

I bought this last week... https://www.takealot.com/tuff-luv-compatible-garmin-fenix-silicone-watch-strap-black/PLID47081702

Must say I actually prefer it to the original strap. It has a small amount of flex/play that gives me a perfect fit that the original never quite did. Either found it too tight when running, or just a little loose when a notch down for everyday use.

Also comes with the tools for removing the strap if you've misplaced the originals - I could only find one 

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i see several okes have bought new bands for their watches. Mine broke this morning so I'm also shopping around. Does the fenix 5 band not fit on the 3? Takealot has every colour band for the 3 except black.. But they have a black band for the 5.. 

I read in the press release that the quick release straps for the 5 will work on the 3. It was a while back though so cant find the article.

Thanks for the replies. I feel naked without a watch on my wrist so can't really wait another 2 weeks, thanks for the offer though Kevin 07

I'm going for the one Andrew Steer posted. Funny, I searched for fenix 3 bands but never saw that one. Some of the links guys have posted earlier in this thread to bands for sale also didn't work. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Selling my Fenix 3 - 1 month old - call me if you interested 0845000378

Excellent watch but have been forced to sell

Price?

2.5 years later, almost daily use, numerous activities (running and cycling) and my original watch strap has died (I'm a little disappointed to be honest).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhbMul6FLwO/

Any recommendations for a replacement strap? I'm looking at trying something other than the original.

e.g. one of these nylon straps: https://buy.garmin.com/en-ZA/ZA/p/540650

I think you did well, a friend's 5 did not last that long.

• 2 months later...

Hi, is anybody else getting software updates like almost every single day?

Yup but checked Garmin Express, they coming from Apps installed not FM updates...latest FM is 8.90.0.0.

So either the app owners are submitting daily updates (unlikely) or Garmin FW is not recognising the updates after they have been installed....

Edit. Watch this space...https://forums.garmin.com/forum/on-the-trail/wrist-worn/fenix-3/1356006-firmware-updates-but-no-new-version

Edited by capediver

yea on the Fenix 3 HR we are on FW 4.90, here are all the software versions for the 3 HR:

Soft Ver.: 4.90
Display: 3.70
GPS: 3.30
BLE/ANT: 3.60
WIFI: 2.40

CIQ:1.4.4
WHR: 2.90 (10.02.74)

The Fenix 3 non HR software versions seem to be (found on the garmin forum so don't lynch me):

• Software Version 8.90
  • Display: 3.70
  • GPS Version: 3.30
  • BLE/ANT: 3.60
  • WiFi: 2.00
  • CIQ: 1.4.4
I did also see that my EPO status is "Current" on my watch!!  I hope I don't have to pee in a cup at my next race!

EDIT:  I see others are also getting lots of them lately - appear to be language updates (from the Fenix 3 HR forum)
Edited by lurkerza

• 3 weeks later...

So decided to try something last week and it seems to have worked.

I cleared the Data and Cache on the Gamin App (Android), this meant I had to re-connect the watch to my phone etc. I saw there were some updates to some of my widgets, I updated them, and I haven't got an update request since then. It's been over a week now. Prior to doing this I was getting a request every single day.