Santa Cruz Tallboy Bottle cage... advice please

L.T.G

A mate (non hubber) has a Tallboy, a medium that's about 3 years old.

He can't put a bottle cage on because there's no place except for  the under side of the down tube (if I remember correctly) which a silly place to have a bottle.

He can't put it on his seatpost because it's a dropper.

Have any of you with the same bike experienced the same issue and come up with a solution? 

He's not really phased by it, he carries bottle in his shirt back pocket, but poor guy has to drink warm stuff because it's against his body all the time, I'd just like to help.

A mate (non hubber) has a Tallboy, a medium that's about 3 years old.

He can't put a bottle cage on because there's no place except for  the under side of the down tube (if I remember correctly) which a silly place to have a bottle.

He can't put it on his seatpost because it's a dropper.

Have any of you with the same bike experienced the same issue and come up with a solution? 

He's not really phased by it, he carries bottle in his shirt back pocket, but poor guy has to drink warm stuff all the time because it's against his body all the time, but I'd just like to help.

If its the Tallboy C you're refering to there should be a cage position in the normal place on the down tube. Problem is it can be hampered by the shock. If I am correct, you can flip the shock around and creates some more space...

Unless it's the Tallboy LTc - in which case Santa Cruz apparently thinks riders of longer travel bikes don't drink out of bottles...

I run a Spez side entry bottle cage on my Tall boy works like a charm.

But a normal one should also work.

If its the Tallboy C you're refering to there should be a cage position in the normal place on the down tube. Problem is it can be hampered by the shock. If I am correct, you can flip the shock around and creates some more space...

Unless it's the Tallboy LTc - in which case Santa Cruz apparently thinks riders of longer travel bikes don't drink out of bottles...

it's a LTc

I use one seat mounted extra bottle carriers ...bottles tend to jump out of these on the bumpy runs so note the Velcro lock-strap. 

I use one seat mounted extra bottle carriers ...bottles tend to jump out of these on the bumpy runs so note the Velcro lock-strap. 

I don't think these are allowed on a LTc...

I run a Spez side entry bottle cage on my Tall boy works like a charm.

But a normal one should also work.

I was riding behind a certain HUBBER Saturday I think we stopped 4 times for his bottle that came off his SC ;)

what happens on the trails doesn't always stay on the trails

I was riding behind a certain HUBBER Saturday I think we stopped 4 times for his bottle that came off his SC ;)

what happens on the trails doesn't always stay on the trails

Don't try and be clever, take 3 bottles, biltong and guava rolls. Eating and drinking loads makes you faster. On longer rides pack some meat for a braai and rolls.

Archived