Gripshift vs Trigger

garethsiv

Hey team, I'm heading over to 1x11 Sram X01 from XX. I'm just wondering what the thoughts are on gripshift rather than trigger?

Cheers.

they feel great. End of story. 

Was a trigger only fan, till I got a set of x0 grippies. Was quickly converted, and the only reason I went back to trigger was because grippy is only available in X0 upwards. 

Used them when I took Iwan's Vipa for a few days, started out thinking they were for kids ended up a convert.

For 1x11. Gripshift all the way. Been using it for a year. Will never go back!

Every time I ride a trigger now, I realize how good the X01/XX1 Gripshift system is

Gripshift all the way!

Might hear stories about "throttling" gears when braking: This does not happen. I've been riding grips since 2004 and have never ever changed a gear when I didn't intend to do so.

I haven't ridden them but I must admit I think it looks super cool, clean and neat. Given the chance I would definitely give Gripshift a go.

I had only ridden trigger XX1 until recently buying a new bike that had gripshift.

I was going to change it over right away, but the shop convinced me to give it a try.

Will never go back to trigger.

Gripshift is definitely the way forward in my opinion.

No Comparison, Gripshift all the way.... also heard the stories of possible throttling and changing gears but a year in and I've also never changed a gear without meaning to.

Hitting an unexpected steep incline on a corner and being able to shift 3/4 gears in one swift movement without hesitation... enough said

Edit - Even better on 1x11

Damn seems like grippies are the way forward, need to try ASAP!

+1 Just wish Shimano had them as well and for a 3x10 setup...  :blush:  :blush:

Only issue I had with my X0 grippies was that they become quite slick when wet, and then very difficult to shift gears.

Later learned that riding with long finger gloves with "gripper pads" eliminated this problem.

Not a fan of grip-shifts. Loaned a mates RM that had them on an I just felt that after about an hour my hands started to hurt because of the pressure....I have the ergogrips on my Giant which may explain it.

Other than that they worked just fine and a nice fluid motion when changing gear either way.

+1 Just wish Shimano had them as well and for a 3x10 setup...  :blush:  :blush:

Actually looking to move down to 2x10 not quite fit enough for 1x10 yet, maybe at next years Argus MTB Challenge

Actually looking to move down to 2x10 not quite fit enough for 1x10 yet, maybe at next years Argus MTB Challenge

Would also love to, but the knee does not like the extra strain/effort.... Need a granny gear unfortunately.. Might get away with 2x10, but then might as well stay with 3x10...

Archived