2015 CTCT crash and panic braking

Edition 507

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All that money and so little skill.....

Perfect clip for OP to get his watts onto the forum, imagine how show offy it would be had the poor guy from Klein Constantia not crashed.

Reminds me of a certain Bandwagon thread... 

Is that the bike sold by Cavendish for R 200k on Saturday night?  :eek:

If yes, the bike probably has the opposite brake setup from his normal ride and instinctively grabbed to wrong side.

Ouch!!! :wacko:  

Is that the bike sold by Cavendish for R 200k on Saturday night?  :eek:

If yes, the bike probably has the opposite brake setup from his normal ride and instinctively grabbed to wrong side.

Ouch!!! :wacko:  

'Opposite brake setup' .... why would that be?

Not Cav's bike. That looks like the S-Works Tarmac and Cav's is the S-Works Venge

'Opposite brake setup' .... why would that be?

Example

Existing bike : LHS = back and RHS = front

New bike : LHS = front and RHS = back

Instinctively grabs unintended brakes.

Not?

Eish...eina...bet you his front brake is on the right hand side.

As it should be along with every bicycle set up correctly and every motorbike in the world:)

I know all about brakes being on the wrong side and not being used to it.  Broke a finger, lost a tooth, cracked my skull and had roasties on my face.  Eina.

But when on my own bike I do practice braking hard - not just on the MTB, but on the roadie as well.  It's essential to know where the maximum braking point is so that it's instinctive when you need it.

3 weeks ago a rider in front of me stopped dead. Had no choice but to grab a handful, did a somersault over the bars landing on my neck, fractured the C7 and damaged the nerves running down my left shoulder, arm and fingers. 

In a brace with a long road to nerve recovery.

Talking about avoiding crashes.. I started in group 5 and all the way were bikers all over the road.. Like south African drivers on motorways

They think that they are the most Important person in the world and screw everyone else..

Very slow riders were in the middle of the road and in the right lanes making any decent peleton impossible as there was too much braking and avoiding these slow riders on the right..

Also riding down hills was a nightmare because of these selfish people

And those idiots riding 4 abreast curse you. You nearly caused many accidents forcing every one into single file to go around you

Looks like the Bike Cavendish sold Saturday night, hence the bike flipped!!! Just have a look at 55sec

attachicon.gifCav.png

the rider is in yellow, black and white Klein Constantia kit, no?

3 weeks ago a rider in front of me stopped dead. Had no choice but to grab a handful, did a somersault over the bars landing on my neck, fractured the C7 and damaged the nerves running down my left shoulder, arm and fingers. 

In a brace with a long road to nerve recovery.

Sterkte.

Archived