2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

Has anyone got more info on this? I have also been seeded VB with no licence but entered open seeded. I won't even be 35 on race day.

If you turn 35 before 31/12/2015 then that's why you're in VB and not VA.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No-one in VE+? Not too many 'seasoned' Hubbers riding? Or is there a story about those groups?

Me

Batch "I" has finally overtaken "A" batch (in popularity :ph34r: with 14 Riders.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NnhU3y40TLgS0VBJ45_nHOl7GmB6C-VwmcW87ZsCtrQ/edit#gid=0

That's cool. However the last time I went to a Hubbers get together ride must have been at least 5 years ago. So might be a problem getting  to ride with hubbers unless we paste "I am a hubber" on our foreheads :P (or maybe it should read "I used to be a hubber" on mine) 

Has anyone been successfully re-seeded yet?

Yes, got reseeded from F to C. Received my new documentation yesterday.

quite a hassle-free process

Clearly many learned fellows here so some advice please - my first 94.7, my usual ave riding speed is around 31 km/h.

Q1 ; any chance of a sub 3 (or at least close to that)? 

Q2 : Have a K start - is that too far back to sink any chance of achieving Q1?

Clearly many learned fellows here so some advice please - my first 94.7, my usual ave riding speed is around 31 km/h.

Hi Kevin

Two 947s ago I did.a 2.53 from H. My average speed on a 50km cradle ride was abou 28 or 29km/h.

I did most of the ride solo and had quite a bit in the tank at the end.

I believe it is possible, as long as you have the confidence and skills to ride in a group, at least for part of the way. A mate just missed a sub 3 last year with a late charity start time.

Hi Kevin

Two 947s ago I did.a 2.53 from H. My average speed on a 50km cradle ride was abou 28 or 29km/h.

I believe it is possible, as long as you have the confidence and skills to ride in a group, at least for part of the way. A mate just missed a sub 3 last year with a late charity start time.

Shot thanks!

Hi Kevin

I believe it is possible

The route introduced last year ia significantly tougher that two years ago. Add about 10-15 mins at that level.

Last years routes is a lot tougher than two years ago, but that doesn't mean its not possible. Even the Top 5 in "L" and top three in  "Z" came in under  3 Hours.

However this would mean that you would be riding by yourself most of the way. So if you are able to go for it and remember to save a little something for the last 23km's

there's a test...  if you can ride the suikerbosrand loop in 2h15 or faster AND have enough gas in the tank left to ride the first hill again in under 13 minutes (timed from the cattle grid), then you can pretty much TT the 94.7 in 3 hours starting in most groups barring that are are not so far back that congestion becomes a problem and that you get stuck behind lots of slow riders on the hills.

there's a test...  if you can ride the suikerbosrand loop in 2h15 or faster AND have enough gas in the tank left to ride the first hill again in under 13 minutes (timed from the cattle grid), then you can pretty much TT the 94.7 in 3 hours starting in most groups barring that are are not so far back that congestion becomes a problem and that you get stuck behind lots of slow riders on the hills.

Learn to say "passing" you will be doing that all the way.

Archived