2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:offtopic:  but anyone any idea why I can't post an image? I select the Image tool and a pop-up asks for the URL. As the image is on my HD, I'm stumped??

If the image in on your HD, you need to upload it.

The URL option is if you're linking an image file from another online source. Don't worry, took me many posts before I figured out you don't need to download and upload a photo to show it (unless it's your own photo from your HD or phone).

Edited by geraldm24

:offtopic:  but anyone any idea why I can't post an image? I select the Image tool and a pop-up asks for the URL. As the image is on my HD, I'm stumped??

Click on More reply options

post-1372-0-95839300-1442821475_thumb.png

Click on Choose files

Select your file

post-1372-0-55921600-1442821523_thumb.png

Click on Add to Post

Then Add repy

Edited by geraldm24

Reseed successful, will now start in C.

The way I see it in every group there will be some strong riders, but the lower the group, the fewer these riders become.

So by starting in C instead of F, there will be more guys with whom I can work because I have no doubt that at every hill there will be break aways and at 90 KG (my target for 94.7- now at 95) I just can't keep with the 70 - 80 kg okes. So if I get dropped up those hills I know there will be strong riders behind from C and the break away's from lower groups that I can work with...until the next hill

What is your seeding index? My index is 25.60, and I got a D batch - would really love to be in C

What is your seeding index? My index is 25.60, and I got a D batch - would really love to be in C

My seeding is 23,51. On the reseed application I specifically asked for C. Did you asked to be reseed in C or did you just asked for a better seeding?

Edited by HBO

My seeding is 23,51. On the reseed application I specifically asked for C. Did you asked to be reseed in C or did you just asked for a better seeding?

I am just wondering whether they will consider me for a reseeding - think I will try my luck and ask to be seeded in C

I am just wondering whether they will consider me for a reseeding - think I will try my luck and ask to be seeded in C

I seriously wouldn't be too bothered trying to reseed to move up one group. On the day, D may actually be quicker than C...

I seriously wouldn't be too bothered trying to reseed to move up one group. On the day, D may actually be quicker than C...

Yip, we keep saying it but looks like we need to keep saying it :). Folks shouldn't be worrying too much about their batch allocation - they'll all be fast.

The top 13 riders in D last year were 2:40 and under, averaging over 35 km/h. On a course like that, that's really motoring. 

Which means to me that their seeding would all be well under 20. So folks with a seeding of 23 - 25 might even find themselves being dropped from front of D on race day....

Yip, we keep saying it but looks like we need to keep saying it :). Folks shouldn't be worrying too much about their batch allocation - they'll all be fast.

The top 13 riders in D last year were 2:40 and under, averaging over 35 km/h. On a course like that, that's really motoring. 

Which means to me that their seeding would all be well under 20. So folks with a seeding of 23 - 25 might even find themselves being dropped from front of D on race day....

I'll take your guys advice then

One last word on this subject from me, just to reinforce the point:

The guy who came 13th in D last year would have achieved the following placings if he was in higher batches:

If he'd been in 'C':  16th overall in his batch (top 6.5%)

If he'd been in 'B':  13th overall in his batch (top 5.9%)

If he'd been in 'A':  89th overall in his batch (top 39%)

There you have it. 'Nuff said :)

My son started in D batch last year and he said it was hectic. He ended up with 2:47 which is pretty fast. So if you are aiming for the time bracket of 2:45 - 3:00 D batch is just fine.