2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

Emperors in 2h48? You are more than qualified! Please join us, I need the help :).

I have to agree, the I Team has gotten me excited too.

On a side note, I Team makes it sound like we were runners up in an A Team impersonator contest...haha

That was the intention. Recreational enthusiast whom want to experience the life of the "A / Pro" Team.

Here's the link again for those whom wish to reshuffle the spreadsheet a bit. 18 so far, even if half are in the team, that make us the size of a TDF team :clap:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NnhU3y40TLgS0VBJ45_nHOl7GmB6C-VwmcW87ZsCtrQ/edit#gid=0

:thumbup:  okay...I'm in :clap:  :whistling:  :eek:  eina!!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I am not going to go race some DH and enduro this weekend anymore (shoulder cant pick up that weight yet), so I will be in the Cradle this weekend working on some miles to be able to stick with the I-team...(yes, will also stop taking Tramecet tonight.)

Anyone wanting to join for some time in the Cradle this weekend or next, let me know...

I'll be doing some laps out in the Cradle too on Saturday morning... Trying to get my legs ready for the "I" train.  :blink:

For me, I'm there to have fun and to try and help fellow Hubbers, and meet some good people in the process. Too many times I've pitched up at races on my ais, chased wheels blindly all day, got to the finish line and put my bike in the car and gone home and not had a single decent conversation with anyone around me (who can in a road race?).

Amen brother, an excellent approach.

I am going to do the same, my first 94.7 and no previous times to help seedings, I am starting way far back in NN (Might as well have started the next day)

I might drop from F to I too, but I decided i'm doing the 947 on my MTB with knobbies so I'll see how that go's. (Managed a 2h44 at Emperors on the mtb, so its possible yes)

Amen brother, an excellent approach.

I am going to do the same, my first 94.7 and no previous times to help seedings, I am starting way far back in NN (Might as well have started the next day)

Feel your pain. Few road races behind my name so have the same seeding (will beg for an upgrade at registration) as you. Should be hitting a sub-3:30 comfortably, but getting down to 3:00 or even a sub-3 would've been awesome.

Next year though!

Hey guys, so I'm starting in H, 5 minutes before you guys, but I've got a bit of a problem (see link). I managed the 94.7 in 3:30 last year on a bike I never rode until the day of the race, so hoping I might be able to do a Sub3 now that I've had some time to get to know my equipment.

So is it okay if I start in H (I need the head start), and latch on if/when you guys pass me? Will have to keep a look out for the yellow stickers.

I might drop from F to I too, but I decided i'm doing the 947 on my MTB with knobbies so I'll see how that go's. (Managed a 2h44 at Emperors on the mtb, so its possible yes)

I limped home after your time at Emperor's...easy for you then :thumbup:  

I'll be doing some laps out in the Cradle too on Saturday morning... Trying to get my legs ready for the "I" train.  :blink:

I might also need some extra "Fried beans" to "HELP" latch on to the train come Race morning :whistling:  :nuke:  :excl:

Hey guys, so I'm starting in H, 5 minutes before you guys, but I've got a bit of a problem (see link). I managed the 94.7 in 3:30 last year on a bike I never rode until the day of the race, so hoping I might be able to do a Sub3 now that I've had some time to get to know my equipment.

So is it okay if I start in H (I need the head start), and latch on if/when you guys pass me? Will have to keep a look out for the yellow stickers.

I'm also seeded in H, but dropping back to start in I - It'll probably be easier than trying to latch onto a passing group because you won't know when they're coming by and could possibly miss it.

If you haven't already done so, post your 'problem' on the retro bike thread. Those guys will probably be able to help....

I'm also seeded in H, but dropping back to start in I - It'll probably be easier than trying to latch onto a passing group because you won't know when they're coming by and could possibly miss it.

I'm also in H, although I will try to get reseeded at registration. Aiming for a sub 3, so if we end up staying in H we can get a group going.

It works very well. For this group I am thinking cable tie to the helmet and fold the sticker on itself at the end of the tie. A mini yellow flag. This group seems so lekker I was considering joining but so far I am committed to two laps. A start in I may be a bridge too far. After this weekend's Sondela (where I rode badly) - I am wondering about the second lap. Another blow up at Vortex this weekend will see me joining you.

Thanks Gary......far better memory (or search) skills than I!

Talus, is it effective?

And will it trigger an E-toll barrier? :whistling:

how about some tips on how we should stay in the bunch like positioning and turns in the front etc. i cant wait to do this, hope our plan comes together on race day im really excited

Hey Tombeej. I'm in E group off at 06:45. Usually race VC but no riding and lost my seeding. I am keen to drop back and ride for the I team.

Not sure how strong I will be though. Did a very poor 3:11 at the Shova after a bad cramp. Best ever for the 94 for me was 2:45 three years ago. M getting fitter and feel up for a sub 3. Need to work on my seeding. Quite willing to do my bit for the I team where I can.

Hey Tombeej. I'm in E group off at 06:45. Usually race VC but no riding and lost my seeding. I am keen to drop back and ride for the I team.

Not sure how strong I will be though. Did a very poor 3:11 at the Shova after a bad cramp. Best ever for the 94 for me was 2:45 three years ago. M getting fitter and feel up for a sub 3. Need to work on my seeding. Quite willing to do my bit for the I team where I can.

Happy, I'd be very happy for you to join us - I'd really like to meet you after all this time on the Hub and get a chance to ride with you for a day. Brilliant!

Archived