Running...it sucks!! but......

L.T.G

I've got a brand new M400, never used, if anyone's keen on it.

R2500.

(need to get round to posting an ad :mellow: )

good deal that...you could have shouted 3 months ago when i bought mine

although I do like that the F15 is waterproof...is the m400 waterproof as a matter of interest?

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so given the exact same technique, is there still a benefit of five fingers over cushioned soles?

Provided it's a very thin cushion the benefit should be the same .

What colour?

Black.

I can send you a pic a bit later if you'd like, pretty pointless though, it's still in an unopened box.

Could you use it for sky run?

not familiar with the event, what would you need it to do?

not familiar with the event, what would you need it to do?

Run offroad for 100ks!

The M400 wouldnt last long enough for that. 

Provided it's a very thin cushion the benefit should be the same .

come on Wyatt...  is it really that hard to answer what I'm asking?  and I'm not being silly or overly persistent, I really would like to know the truth.

Once you have mastered the correct running technique i.e. forefoot strike and high pace count.  Is there any benefit of running barefoot (or with something like 5 fingers) as opposed to running with normal cushioned shoes (e.g. Asics)

If so, what is the harm in the additional cushioning.  To me it seems like the case of "more of a good thing", but I'm really interested to learn more!

come on Wyatt...  is it really that hard to answer what I'm asking?  and I'm not being silly or overly persistent, I really would like to know the truth.

Once you have mastered the correct running technique i.e. forefoot strike and high pace count.  Is there any benefit of running barefoot (or with something like 5 fingers) as opposed to running with normal cushioned shoes (e.g. Asics)

If so, what is the harm in the additional cushioning.  To me it seems like the case of "more of a good thing", but I'm really interested to learn more!

First off, if you can't have any manners then desist from asking me questions.

I am answering you what more do you want, if you want me to answer with words and a manner that suits you then type me the answer via pm. I will copy and paste it for you as an answer.

The second paragraph, striking with the forefoot makes you put most of the impact i to the muscles as opposed to all that jarring in to your bones.

The fact that you strike with the forefoot also eliminates any pronation or supination issues (if you can't understand that and need more info on that, do your own homework like the rest of us)

The cushioning is not an issue if you have less of it, the more cushioning you have, the more room you have for movement, same as that gel cover you have on your bicycle .

Run offroad for 100ks!

The M400 wouldnt last long enough for that. 

:eek:

Will anything? :wacko:

Yes, Things like the Fenix and Ambit can do it, they have a lower metering mode for GPS where it doesnt take positional readings as often. 

In their lowest monitoring mode they can do around 50 hours.

Yes, Things like the Fenix and Ambit can do it, they have a lower metering mode for GPS where it doesnt take positional readings as often. 

In their lowest monitoring mode they can do around 50 hours.

I'd need about 5 of each then... 

That's how long a 100km trail run would take me  ^_^

First off, if you can't have any manners then desist from asking me questions.

I am answering you what more do you want, if you want me to answer with words and a manner that suits you then type me the answer via pm. I will copy and paste it for you as an answer.

The second paragraph, striking with the forefoot makes you put most of the impact i to the muscles as opposed to all that jarring in to your bones.

The fact that you strike with the forefoot also eliminates any pronation or supination issues (if you can't understand that and need more info on that, do your own homework like the rest of us)

The cushioning is not an issue if you have less of it, the more cushioning you have, the more room you have for movement, same as that gel cover you have on your bicycle .

Thanks, the last paragraph explains it. I really didn't mean to offend, the "come on wyatt.. " was tongue in cheek.

I'd need about 5 of each then... 

That's how long a 100km trail run would take me  ^_^

They do have a cut-off time  :w00t:

The polar V800 is supposed to do 50 hrs with GPS off and HR on

with both will not get much past 12 hrs in my experience (new and fully charged)

Is there not an option to turn the GPS off on the M400?

Thanks, the last paragraph explains it. I really didn't mean to offend, the "come on wyatt.. " was tongue in cheek.

Only time I have seen problems with minimalist shoes are where people simply do not adapt (for various reasond) their running style to forefoot strike.

They stay on a heal strike in a shoe without cushioning... and eventually get injured.

Additional cusioning allows more lateral movement increasing the effect of pronation/supination.

Archived