Bestmed Capital Classic

Prince

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I am correct they stated that a turning point was being built and tarred over the central island.

Then they either have not started with it or they must get into action

Another notable thing, we are starting in West street, turning right into Lenchen then left into Jean. Where Jean avenue crosses Gerhard street they have roadworks so all lanes going to into the turning lane. 

So be aware maybe they have a different plan

1,500 cones should be enough for one each.

Paramedics on standby.

Wear in over your helmet so you won't get hit!

keen to see numbers.. PPA has my seeding set :drool:  to 30 now(hands over eyes) , ironically my race times are faster than last year... and they using 2014 race data 

No turning point built yet... I travel on the N14 everyday and nothing has been constructed.

The only logical turning point will be just before the traffic lights approx. 500m. There is an opening in the road to access that farming implements company next to the N14. I have done an estimate using my cars odo. On the N14 passing the Jean Ave I measured about 48km's to the turn off mentioned above. If the race is 105km's this is the only logical place to turn. If the turning point is before this piece then construction is needed because it needs to remove those pavement stones etc. and the distance will be less. If you just want to use the island then just after the drop to Muldersdrift is starting there is still place where you can tar that section because it is still flat but you are going to loose distance by about 3km's.

https://www.google.co.za/maps/@-26.056264,27.836385,3a,75y,237.82h,98.51t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1spbv8r3qVVor-KYZuzml5oA!2e0?hl=en

Funny how ASG is all over here when doing product promotion but don't keep an eye on the threads about their races.

I am in.

ASG say they have invested in 1500 traffic cones to demarcate the right hand lane which we will be riding in. That is one cone every 60 odd meters. Great investment. Will hopefully keep the cars at bay.

My concern is how will a bunch successfully negotiate a cone every 60 meters.

The N14 has a big wide shoulder on the left (where we are NOT riding) and no shoulder on the right. 

That's a lotta cash for cones!

Archived