2015 Coronation Double Century

Chris NewbyFraser

When I rode for Daikin we managed to get times between 5:11 - 5:20. with no tea stops.

The 30min stops makes the DC a lot easier...he old race forced you to plan your race, who will last and give wheels to weaker rider. Miss those days  :mellow:

miss the days when teams werent allowed to merge and form bunches - now its a free for all with big bunches between odt and montagu, ashton to r'son circle to bonnievale.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoops that was a typo, meant to say 5h30. I recon recent training and racing form. I luckily got into a competitive team (LBL), will see what happens. Haven't had the best of luck recently with racing, it would be nice to get one really good result. 

you gonna suffer

miss the days when teams werent allowed to merge and form bunches - now its a free for all with big bunches between odt and montagu, ashton to r'son circle to bonnievale.

Depends who you try merge with, there have been some rather choice words between Montagu and Robertson, also some deliberate dead wheels, where the last rider just sits up, creates a 50m gap, then hammers back.

If the team has the legs to close the gap, kudos for more punishment, most of the time its the last the team is seen. 

I hate that section. I'll be wearing my kicking shoes for anybody who comes between me and my teamies. Suck wheel, I couldnt careless, but dont distrupt the team who you are wheel sucking.

The racing teams definitely don't form bunches and any attempt to latch onto another team is not allowed. As for the social riders, thats another story. 

Much prefer the new format, the cars on the route were dangerous. Not sure its easier but I'm sure its faster.  

The racing teams definitely don't form bunches and any attempt to latch onto another team is not allowed. As for the social riders, thats another story. 

Much prefer the new format, the cars on the route were dangerous. Not sure its easier but I'm sure its faster.  

They should just get rid of the tea stops, and all will be good. the cars at the 2 stop points and the flow id perfect, just don't stop the bloody clock.

They should just get rid of the tea stops, and all will be good. the cars at the 2 stop points and the flow id perfect, just don't stop the bloody clock.

Not sure about you, but we definitely weren't drinking tea at those stops. The water in my bottles was as warm as tea, but tasted more like the sweaty excretion of an Upper Mongolian yak.

Either format works - the race strategy is slightly different with the enforced stops, and more sneaky tactics come into play. But it's just as tough either way!

We'll be doing Kentucky burgers again at the halfway stop. :thumbup:

Can't wait.

Wonder if one will make the end if you drink a nice beer halfway......mmmm... :whistling: 

Not sure about you, but we definitely weren't drinking tea at those stops. The water in my bottles was as warm as tea, but tasted more like the sweaty excretion of an Upper Mongolian yak.

Either format works - the race strategy is slightly different with the enforced stops, and more sneaky tactics come into play. But it's just as tough either way!

The key is all teams race on the same format against each other. It's like complaining about the weather.

The key is all teams race on the same format against each other. It's like complaining about the weather.

Not unless you know about that back road between the two passes, it cuts the race distance down to 210km!! ;)

Well i meant i haven't got far into it and haven't really experienced the race and don't understand the new rules.

Josh, you cycled 850km the week of the DC and managed 15km with us when you dropped. You can't be smashing 650km rides this time of the year doing a long one every day, you need rest days as your body requires this, you need to focus on intensity which should have been done a month ago already. This is the reason you drop at Killarney you do a massive base but you lack intensity so when they put the hammer down you drop, you can easily ride 600km at 28kmh average but a one hour race of 45kmh you struggle to keep up. LBL is going flat out, you would need to be prepared by now sitting with them in the front at races. It is not to break you down or anything but you need to ask your coach to get your intensity up as you have more than enough base.

Not unless you know about that back road between the two passes, it cuts the race distance down to 210km!! ;)

Unless all 12 of you can do a "Nibali" then it does not help much!

I'm slotting in with LBL. Some of the former LEADout academy guys on MTN would've joined, but they (Jaco, Johann, Jacques, Reinie) + Meintjes are unavailable due to a training camp/racing for MTN/whatever. So sorry LBL, but I'll have to do ;) . Haven't raced (properly) since about August, but I've stayed in relative good shape. Been doing a fair amount of base training in the past weeks. Somehow I'll need to wake the legs up before DC.

First time doing it. Should be 'fun'.

Not sure why there are two threads, but the start times are out. We off at 7:07:30

(Posted here for those folllowing the topic and not the other random one)

Not sure why there are two threads, but the start times are out. We off at 7:07:30

(Posted here for those folllowing the topic and not the other random one)

Is your start time on racetec?

Edit: Yes, it is on racetec. 06:37:00 for our crew!

Archived