2015 Coronation Double Century

Chris NewbyFraser

I understand the whole thing of only having one bike.

but with the price of mtb tyres, doing that much on tar with knobblies is just crazy - get slicks if you really must.

It's not even unique anymore. 

But then you cant say I klapped a few roadies on my knobblies :whistling:

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was a real question, the teams who I spoke to who did this before all said that.

My old mans team was one them; "How did your race go on the MTB dad", "lekker, we did a 8h30 but we klapped a few roadies!!"

So I am not fighting, I am asking, whats the point? If the point is to do it with a handicap, then so be it, but then dont be that guy who points out the self inflicted handicap and every opportunity. If the point is to beat a few roadies who come in at 10hours, then well done...

"I did a 3h26 94.7 with my Dual sus, knobbly, single speed, alu frame, baggies...." no you just plain and simply did a 3h26.

Post not directly directed at Aaron_B, but just a general rant.

Another act of machismo, I guess.

If it's about beating some roadies.

If it is about rolling and having fun and setting some team goals, go for it!

The truth is all those that show up in Swellendam with two wheels, really love cycling.

What else matters.

Just got an entry... for real this time. Try refreshing the coronationdc.co.za and it will load a different blue entry screen

So weird, with my ID number kept on telling me that entries were closed. 

Asked a buddy and accepted his.

Archived