How much training do you actually do?

So looking at the Isuzu competition 

https://www.bikehub.co.za/features/_/articles/competitions/enter-now-isuzu-trucks-pe-plett-entries-up-for-grabs-r2416

Clearly I don't train enough, week one is easy, but week 2 will be a tough week for my level of training. (getting 3000m of climbing in).  Never mind week 4 with 12 hours of riding in a week  :eek:

For you guys doing a 4hr Clarens marathon, is the isuzu challenge in the ball park for your weekly training effort?

The training does not like to much , I entered but only saw later that you need to achieve certain badges in certain weeks, For instance in week 2 I am away from home and if it is the same as where I was two weeks ago it will be difficult as I only got 150 m ascend in 70 km of riding.

Will just carry on with my training and see where it gets me. I normally achieve around 3000m of training in a week,

Will see if I get all the badges. Will definitely not mind a free entry.

I managed 4h at Clarens (just) and now I see why so many people still beat me with 1h. I clearly need to train A LOT MORE!

This is great motivation though, will love to get a free entry.

Most of my training done on the trainer, but I would have to go a loooong way to get 3000m of climbing around Springs...

Most of my training done on the trainer, but I would have to go a loooong way to get 3000m of climbing around Springs...

Maybe if you raise the front wheel a bit  :ph34r:

I think the challenge is set up to encourage folks to ride certain mtb events with a lot of climbing in them. Thats a lot of climbing for people to achieve just training.

I checked my last 2 weeks riding when I saw this and I'm only on 1680 m...and I live in Switzerland.... ok I also only rode 4 times in 2 weeks :blush:  but I have an excuse i also run, swim and play golf :clap:

Haha, blykbaar het ek ook aangesluit! Nou sal ek maar strava moet aflaai op my mobiele telefoon!

well i am going to see if I can up the training to complete it without getting a divorce, going to be an interesting month!

I managed a 4H48 at Clarens with 90kms and 1000m climbing a week

I wonder what the effect will be on my time at The Monster  :whistling:

Quite a bit but nowhere near 3000m in 1 week ...... ever .......

the Delta dash should have helped your acsend for last week though.

I am hoping I misunderstood the: 150km badge?

Do you need to do 3 separate rides of more than 150km in each one of those 3 rides?

Even further when one lives in Witbank

I am hoping I misunderstood the: 150km badge?

Do you need to do 3 separate rides of more than 150km in each one of those 3 rides?

I think it's three rides with a combined total of (at least) 150 km ... so 60, 60, 30 should do it.

It's going to be a bit of a challenge working this into the commuting ... 'cos even if I can do 50 per day, it's not 50 per ride ...

Archived