That's exactly what they are for BSG. No "pet lambs" here I'm afraid.

In winter they cook lamb chops on the open fire in the kitchen. They are very nice, even when you know they were walking around last week.

[emoji23]

A bad day cycling is better than a good day working.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's exactly what they are for BSG. No "pet lambs" here I'm afraid.

In winter they cook lamb chops on the open fire in the kitchen. They are very nice, even when you know they were walking around last week.

I'd argue that that makes them taste even better. Far prefer proper, fre range well fed meat to battery / normally raised meat. 

I'd argue that that makes them taste even better. Far prefer proper, fre range well fed meat to battery / normally raised meat.

Must agree with Miles. If you raised it yourself you know what you get

Must agree with Miles. If you raised it yourself you know what you get

As long as it wasn't named "Snooky" or something, because then many people will have difficulty eating, but not me, I love red meat ????

As long as it wasn't named "Snooky" or something, because then many people will have difficulty eating, but not me, I love red meat

Snooky sounds like she wants to be cooked rare, with a rosemary butter basting and crusty smashed baked taters.

The don't name the sheep here. In fact Rosa has 8 farm cats and only one of them is allowed in the house and has a name - "Antonio". The rest are farm cats and are pretty much called whatever they look like. "Little black one", "Blue eyes" etc.

They also keep rabbits for the pot. That I did struggle a bit with, but again - it tastes so nice once it's cooked that you sort of just get on with it.  

For the vegetarians among us, all of the hotels and restaurants here cater for those who don't eat meat. They are also quite well up on Gluten and Lactose intolerances.

edited for dodgy spelling!

Edited by Bonus

It's mid November, the sun is shining and it's a beautiful day in Ainsa, Spain.

Tuesday is Market day and although it's not what most people would call "hot" I am still comfortable in my shorts.

This is a picture of the Market in the car park next to the Rio Cinca. In the background is Ainsa Old Town, up on the hill.

post-4874-0-03800100-1479211992_thumb.jpg

The don't name the sheep here. In fact Rosa has 8 farm cats and only one of them is allowed in the house and has a name - "Antonio". The rest are farm cats and are pretty much called whatever they look like. "Little black one", "Blue eyes" etc.

They also keep rabbits for the pot. That I did struggle a bit with, but again - it tastes so nice once it's cooked that you sort of just get on with it.  

For the vegetarians among us, all of the hotels and restaurants here cater for those who don't eat meat. They are also quite well up on Gluten and Lactose intolerances.

edited for dodgy spelling!

I am Italian and grew up eating rabbit, my Dad was a great cook and it was often Sunday lunch.......locals don't get it!

I am Italian and grew up eating rabbit, my Dad was a great cook and it was often Sunday lunch.......locals don't get it!

Yeah.. my dad used to tell us how awesome his mamma's rabbit was back home in Italy.. thankfully that recipe didn't come to SA with him.. well I don't think it did[emoji23].. who knows I may have eaten rabbit for Sunday lunch thinking it was lamb[emoji53]

Yeah.. my dad used to tell us how awesome his mamma's rabbit was back home in Italy.. thankfully that recipe didn't come to SA with him.. well I don't think it did[emoji23].. who knows I may have eaten rabbit for Sunday lunch thinking it was lamb[emoji53]

They are both white and fluffy... 

We've learned our first Spanish swear word :-)

The word is "Hostia!"

It has a silent H (H is always silent in Spanish) so it's pronounced "Osteeya". It's not a BAD word - I suspect we can use English BAD swear words if we ever need to and we'll be understood just fine.

It's a sort of cross between "Dammit", "I don't believe it" and "Stone the crows!"

Ramon taught us it (by example of course) Rosa has fits of laughter when we use it mid-conversation.

haha we're fitting in here just fine :-)