Dome 2 Dome and Race for Victory 2015

Prince

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to make sense of the sketchy R4V route map.

cdn.entelectonline.co.za/wm-640501-cmsimages/RouteMap2015.jpg

I only get 100km for the 110km, so I don't know where I've gone wrong. https://www.strava.com/routes/2710144.  Anyway, nice and flat. Good for unfit fatty like me to get a good seeding time.

Makes sense about the distance as it's the same roads used without the extra bit before/after the dirt road (5Km each way).

Just riding the second half of the route in reverse, by the looks of the map.

Distance depends where the actual start/finish line will be relevant to the Circus entrance.

• 2 weeks later...

I see that the website for Dome2Dome has stated that RaceTec will be doing the timing.

I would've liked to have had another race to use my ChampionChip, but at least with RaceTec the times will be updated on RaceTec's seeding index.

If D2D isn't full road closure (and I doubt whether it is, as it hasn't been in the past) that road between the caves and Maropeng is a bit of a concern. The breakfast run bikers fly along that stretch and also blind rises make for a bit of a hair raising section of the route.

Hope that is properly marshalled...

That nasty section alone might put me off this race.

• 4 weeks later...

If D2D isn't full road closure (and I doubt whether it is, as it hasn't been in the past) that road between the caves and Maropeng is a bit of a concern. The breakfast run bikers fly along that stretch and also blind rises make for a bit of a hair raising section of the route.

never been an issue in the past when i have raced should be fine

Doing BOTH D2D and R4V  :thumbup:  need the training for the rest of 2015  :w00t:

PS - need to start training now... :whistling:  :eek:  LOL...been off the bike since Kremetart, most of the time because of Flu  :wacko:  need to get back in the saddle.

I ride that road a lot, isnt that bad...

Pity am flying back from a cycling holiday in France on the day of R4V  :whistling:  but am in for D2D

Pity am flying back from a cycling holiday in France on the day of R4V  :whistling:  but am in for D2D

You will be missed :whistling:  enjoy :thumbup:

I don't find going up that road too bad when riding alone - increasingly a favourite route infact for steady, extended climbing. Coming down that road however is a differing story...a wobble at 70 kph from a passing car/taxi isn't worth thinking about......

Archived