The new BMC Teamelite 01 softer hardtail

News bot

Damping & rebound control?

I remember early elastomer suspensions (front & rear), the only time the damping and rebound changed was when it was cold out.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damping & rebound control?

I remember early elastomer suspensions (front & rear), the only time the damping and rebound changed was when it was cold out.

You could open those old forks and swap out of the elastomers for varying densities to get a little more feel out of them.....Still would not go back though, kind of like disc brakes going back to v brakes and then deciding that cantilever brakes are actually the real deal.

But on this ht or could be interesting to take the sting out of trail buzz

You could open those old forks and swap out of the elastomers for varying densities to get a little more feel out of them.....Still would not go back though, kind of like disc brakes going back to v brakes and then deciding that cantilever brakes are actually the real deal.

But on this ht or could be interesting to take the sting out of trail buzz

Much like going from 30 gears to 1? Not quite. This is revisiting seemingly 'obsolete' systems and applying the latest available materials and tech to create what looks to be a good compromise between efficiency and comfort. I don't see it becoming 'mainstream' (it therefor will appeal to the wannabe hipsters out there who cycles with beards, and without shoes and only drink fake beer). It would be interesting to see what Absalon can do with this bike, much like what Nino is doing with 650b in a 29er dominated discipline.

Much like going from 30 gears to 1? Not quite. This is revisiting seemingly 'obsolete' systems and applying the latest available materials and tech to create what looks to be a good compromise between efficiency and comfort. I don't see it becoming 'mainstream' (it therefor will appeal to the wannabe hipsters out there who cycles with beards, and without shoes and only drink fake beer). It would be interesting to see what Absalon can do with this bike, much like what Nino is doing with 650b in a 29er dominated discipline.

Think TransB, Karoo to coast, that sort of race snake might look to a bike like this.