The Hub TdF Fantasy Comp 2015

Frosty

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilco Kelderman and Robert Gesink have been named as co-leaders of the LottoNL-Jumbo line-up for the Tour de France, which gets underway in Utrecht on July 4. The Dutch team is the first to announce its roster for the Tour, and the composition of the nine-man roster reflects the mountainous nature of the parcours.

Lets not forget that Peter Sagan out-climbed Gesink on the queen stage of the Tour of California  :whistling:

You know that feeling... when you want to reveal something special to someone but you know you can't??

Well, that's how I feel right now about this competition and... [to be revealed soon].

You know that feeling... when you want to reveal something special to someone but you know you can't??

Well, that's how I feel right now about this competition and... [to be revealed soon].

prize for the winner is an all expense paid trip to the 2016 TdF...

courtesy of TheHubSA   :ph34r:  :whistling:  :ph34r:

Team's start list confirmed so far:

Team LottoNL-Jumbo

MTN-Qhubeka

BMC Racing Team

Trek Factory Racing

Bora-Argon 18

Lotto Soudal

IAM Cycling

FDJ

Team Katusha

Team Giant - Alpecin

Etixx-Quick Step

updated: 26-Jun

Edited by geraldm24

Ok. I'm in...

Think I'll wing it this year as I'm a noob and figure it out as I go...

You'll have to figure it out before next week Saturday (4th of July), as you pick a team and can only make 3 substitutions on any of the two rest days.

Get it wrong in the beginning and you're stuck for most of the first week.

But then, who would have predicted that Froome, Berto and a few others would be retiring when they did in 2014.

Edited by geraldm24

Hi Gerald

Two questions: 

1. Daily prize winners (stages 1, 9, 10, 20, 21): are these picks separate to my 9 rider picks? In other words, can I choose riders for the daily prizes even if they're not in my original team?

2. The 100% Bonus Pick for "If all 9 riders, picked, finish the Tour". What if you've made substitutions during the race, how does this work out? If you make substitutions does that automatically remove you from the running for this bonus prize? Or will you get the bonus if you just arrive at the Champs-Élysées with 9 riders (so the final team you've got after the second rest day is what counts)?

Hi Gerald

Two questions: 

1. Daily prize winners (stages 1, 9, 10, 20, 21): are these picks separate to my 9 rider picks? In other words, can I choose riders for the daily prizes even if they're not in my original team?

Yes, these can be any rider (stage 1, 10, 20 and 21) and team (stage 9).

These picks are for daily prizes and won't affect your scoring in the main competition.

Hi Gerald

Two questions: 

2. The 100% Bonus Pick for "If all 9 riders, picked, finish the Tour". What if you've made substitutions during the race, how does this work out? If you make substitutions does that automatically remove you from the running for this bonus prize? Or will you get the bonus if you just arrive at the Champs-Élysées with 9 riders (so the final team you've got after the second rest day is what counts)?

The 100% bonus pick is for all 9 riders (excluding subs) that finish the Tour.

It's not worth much, but did make a difference when I used the 2014 race as a test.

Edited by geraldm24

The substitutions are only there to keep you team scoring as many points as possible. Injury and non-performance by some riders is a possibility.

However, the overall objective is to pick a team and hope they make it to Paris, just like the real team setup.

If you're out of the running on the main competition, the substitutions can give you that opportunity to win a daily prize. This keeps as many people interested in the competition as possible.

Yes, these can be any rider (stage 1, 10, 20 and 21) and team (stage 9).

These picks are for daily prizes and won't affect your scoring in the main competition.

The 100% bonus pick is for all 9 riders (excluding subs) that finish the Tour.

It's not worth much, but did make a difference when I used the 2014 race as a test.

OK, so just to be clear: even if I make substitutes, this bonus pick is for the original 9 that were picked in the beginning, not the 9 that I finish the TDF with.