The Hub TdF Fantasy Comp 2015

Frosty

Well done to all the prize winners and our grand prize winner.

A HUGE thank you to geraldm24. Firstly for running this fantastic competition over the last many years now and especially for the efforts in this 2015 edition.

Gerald has put in countless hours of work in crafting this competition, the scoring system, scouring handbooks and rules, answering questions, updating results, developing spreadsheets all without a moment of hesitation. All of this on his own time. An incredible sacrifice on the part of you and your family Gerald!

From all of us at HQ and most especially all Hubbers who've taken part...

THANK YOU

And a very special thank you to Gerald's family who've "lent" him to us and Le Tour over these past few weeks.

We've arranged a small gift on behalf of all us Hubbers who've taken part. Some more on that tomorrow. ;)

---

Of course a BIG thank you to our generous prize sponsors Omnico. The calibre of prizes they offered up and support for the competition has been awesome!

---

Then a final thank you to all the Hubbers who've taken part. It's added a whole new dimension the 2015 Tour de France. The chatter, banter and engagement across The Hub and social media has been phenomenal.

Here's to an even better 2016 Fantasy Tour... watch this space!

Hear hear.

Thanks so much Admin, Gerald and everyone else involved. It has been a real blast to take part in the competition and I will be sure to make some more careful/ informed choices for my team next year.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Gerald and Admin! It has been great fun. Can't wait for next year. Congrats to all the winners!

Thanks a million Admin and Gerald for all the hard work. Congrats to all the prize winners. Good finish to Dale in 204th. It's one all now. Get you next year.

Thanks a million Admin and Gerald for all the hard work. Congrats to all the prize winners. Good finish to Dale in 204th. It's one all now. Get you next year.

Awêh, Cippo'

Gerald, you star

Admin, excellent facilitation and hosting

Sponsors, we need to talk. I need them prizes - hehehe

thanks Gerald and Admin for your hard work. Really enjoyed the competition. Congrats to all the prize winners.

What an awesome comp. Not sure what im going to do now at the office without having to check scoring etc every morning... big thanks to the whole team that put this together.

On a side note, have any other prize winners been contacted yet? I see that rule 6 says you forfeit your prize if they cant reach you by email in a period of 72 hours, i haven't received any email yet or have i missed it somewhere?

On a side note, have any other prize winners been contacted yet? I see that rule 6 says you forfeit your prize if they cant reach you by email in a period of 72 hours, i haven't received any email yet or have i missed it somewhere?

You'll be contacted via PM. It might still be on the way.

What an awesome comp. Not sure what im going to do now at the office without having to check scoring etc every morning... big thanks to the whole team that put this together.

Yes I too am waiting patiently .. :whistling:

Great comp once again! Thanks Gerald and Admin.

After languishing in the bottom half of the draw for the best part of the race the team picked themselves up well to finish in a mildly respectable 41st position. And Pinot did his bit to almost win me a helmet but lady luck didn't pitch for the party.

Gerald, perhaps something on a simpler and smaller scale for the Vuelta?

This was the first time I "managed" a team on the Fantasy tour.

Thanks Gerald and Admin for a great time on tour. For sure I will do it again!

Congratulations to Hilton. - Team Afrique de Jour

The winner of the Fantasy Tour for 2015.

Well done Hilton!

Gerald, who knew that playing a online fantasy game could be so much fun, something I have always felt was for the strange, nerdy  people.

Thanks for a fantastic game, I still don't understand how the scoring works but that seemed to work out okay for me, it's been years since I made the podium.

Huge Thank You Gerald! 

And thanks Admin, Nick, and all others involved. What a fantastic competition. Sjo, not sure what I'll do now without all the analysis and points checking. I'm gonna go through withdrawal  :blink:

Very happy to have won :clap:  Again thanks Gerald for putting on such a great comp, and send a huge thanks to your family as well from all of us, for letting us benefit from so much of your time and effort over the last 3 weeks  :thumbup:

On a side note, for those of you wondering, Afrique De Jour is a play on the wording of the FDJ team name. I've always liked their name, Francais De Jour (or sometimes Francais Des Joux), which translate to French Day or French Games respectively. This was such a huge moment for African cycling, and this being Le Tour, I thought it would be very apt call my team "Africa's Day" in French. (And I think the name also rolls off the tongue nicely)

What a great tour and competition.

Thanks Gerald, Admin and sponsors.

Well done to all who were right up there and Hilton.

Im sure the next tour everyone is going to be thinking a lot more about their team.

Well done to all the prize winners and our grand prize winner.

Here's to an even better 2016 Fantasy Tour... watch this space! 

thanks guys, really well run comp. I slipped to 11th, but maybe a doping test could still get me into the top10!

We need something similar for the cape epic. get onto it!

Archived