How much could I sell my bike for?

Trawsaj

Hi guys

Would appreciate some help/opinion on how much I should ask for my Specialized Secteur. Selling to fund purchase of a new bike.

Details:

2012 Specialized Secteur

56cm

Tiagra groupset (with 105 cassette upgrade)

Campagnolo Scirocco G3 wheels

Gatorskin tyres

(excl pedals & speed/cadence sensor)

post-37679-0-91603900-1432012810_thumb.jpg

Hi, The formula I use generally is that the bike devalues by up to 50% in the first year and 10% per year thereafter...So the Secteurs retail at 9-12K it will all depend on how quick your bike to move. If you have time and can wait for the cash to come in then advertise it for as much as you want, if you want to sell it quick then advertise it for R5-7K...don't hold me to those prices but that is my experience...

Pretty much yes...example, try selling a 2009 S-works Epic 26er...I have and given that the retail on that bike was R95K the most I could get was R12500...that was three years ago....

Like I said, if you have time and are not rlying on getting the cash in then ask what you want, but the market will ALWAYS dictate what is the right price. I was trying to sell my Specialized Crossover - common size, spares available and 2012 model, retail was +-R12500 No one wanted it even when I dropped it to R4000...so I kept it...

Edited by Skinnyone

So skinny after 5 years you start paying people to take it off your hands then??

Not if you calculate your depreciation on the new value after each year.

Edit - by new value I mean the newly calculated value.

Edited by rvdm1

Short answer is, if I was in the market for a bike - I would part ways with around the R6k mark for that steed.

+1, 6K sounds about right

So skinny after 5 years you start paying people to take it off your hands then??

:thumbdown: