Help with choosing a HR monitor

I bought a Polar H7 HR strap (+-R900) and use it with my Samsung S5 phone. I use Strava and PolarBeat and I get all the info I need. You can use other Apps as well. (I also still use my normal speedometer while riding.)

• 2 months later...

So my 15 yr old polar seems to be giving a death rattle. The last few gym sessions it stops monitoring / tells me my HR is 222 or just stops. New battery few weeks ago so I am putting it down to old age.

I have a garmin fenix for riding but don't like using it at gym - too big.  What reliable, simple HR monitor can I get. I like the look of those wrist band like watches that don't need a chest strap. 

Someone said that you can get some units via Discovery?

Sigma pc 3.11 

HR monitor when wearing the chest strap, normal watch without. and only R550.

Where from?

Opinions on the Wahoo Tickr HR Strap and compatibility with other devices?

Hello Bertus, 

The TICKR is compatible with Bluetooth 4.0 devices on Android and iOS, and ANT+ watches simultaneously. 

Look for a 2nd hand EDGE 500 or try to stretch to a Sigma ROX10, you wont be sorry. With the new EDGE520 coming out there should be a fair whack of 500s shortly.

Opinions on the Wahoo Tickr HR Strap and compatibility with other devices?

Used mine for 1st time today with Garmin Edge 500, no problems.

Hello Bertus, 

The TICKR is compatible with Bluetooth 4.0 devices on Android and iOS, and ANT+ watches simultaneously. 

Hi Christian, not quite the info I'm looking for, I know what it can do, but I want to know what users think of it, like below:

Used mine for 1st time today with Garmin Edge 500, no problems.

Thanks, would like to find out in a month's time if you're still happy. I need to replace my HR strap with something more consistent, and this is at the top of the list.

Archived