Cycling No Nos!

Patchelicious

Arriving late for training rides

The 6-minute rule applies

Let's roll six mins after the start time

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My pet peev on rides is when people start talking money.  On two wheels we are all equal.  If Joe Soap paid ten grand for his saddle then please be discreet about it.  "Thats a cool saddle"  "Thanks bud! " is about enough.  Nothing is worse an someone bragging about how much every bit of carbon on his bike cost :thumbdown: Everybodys bike is their dream machine whether it is a ten year old 26" mtb or the new Pyga. 

I personally don't enjoy the increase in ball sweat that baggies provide me with.

That and catching them on the tip of my saddle when "shredding gnarly terrain to the max bro".

Then again, I'm less recreational and more semi-pro now...

What does look absolutely toss, is a normal cycling top of the 3 elasticated back pocket variety, worn with your awesome seatpost scuffing baggies...

Who cares what people wear. Each to his own.

Enjoy the ride, weekend warrior or pro wannabe

mtb riders who pass other riders up a hill because they are hanging onto a stronger partner and then hold others up on the single track and downhills..

mtb riders who pass other riders on a single track because they have single track skills and then hold others up on the single Track up hill because they don't train enough ;) hehe

No, I'm just joking but I find this a lot in my riding, I'm no Greg Minaar on the technical stuff so I always let people past on the faster single track stuff, but then they won't let me back past on the uphill.... So what do I do? Let them past in the hopes that they reciprocate or just keep them behind me a little till the next climb where I can out climb them and they have a open track for the rest of the day?

Being held up on fast flowing single track is one thing, being held up on a climb is another.

im amazed by how awesomely perfect all of you on this thread are..

and I sympathise with you all at how TERRIBLE it must be to be YOU..

and have to put up with all the other terrible cyclists on the planet cluttering up the road and trails and getting in your way or up your butt etc

SSSSSHHHAAAMMMMMEEEE  

:ph34r:  :whistling:

My pet peev on rides is when people start talking money. On two wheels we are all equal. If Joe Soap paid ten grand for his saddle then please be discreet about it. "Thats a cool saddle" "Thanks bud! " is about enough. Nothing is worse an someone bragging about how much every bit of carbon on his bike cost :thumbdown: Everybodys bike is their dream machine whether it is a ten year old 26" mtb or the new Pyga.

I fully agree, except for the 26er part of course....

mountainbikers who (on group rides) fly past you on the uphill and hog the ENTIRE width of the two-track on the way down, weaving from side to side totally oblivious of what's going on behind them

it's common courtesy to look back everytime you change tracks, or at least hold your line if you cannot look back, because a faster rider might be passing you, but not everyone gets it

My pet peev on rides is when people start talking money. On two wheels we are all equal. If Joe Soap paid ten grand for his saddle then please be discreet about it. "Thats a cool saddle" "Thanks bud! " is about enough. Nothing is worse an someone bragging about how much every bit of carbon on his bike cost [emoji107] Everybodys bike is their dream machine whether it is a ten year old 26" mtb or the new Pyga.

I fully agree with you but with a slight caveat as my dream bike is a Yeti SB6C, which is rather well outside of what I can afford. post-51480-1433883549,4229.jpeg

mountainbikers who (on group rides) fly past you on the uphill and hog the ENTIRE width of the two-track on the way down, weaving from side to side totally oblivious of what's going on behind them

it's common courtesy to look back everytime you change tracks, or at least hold your line if you cannot look back, because a faster rider might be passing you, but not everyone gets it

Soorry dude, but I can't look back when going down a mountain side, I need to look in front of me. I won't however switch lines intentionally, that happens by accident.

The onus is on the rider at the back to make his presence known. In road if you look back someone in the pelaton will probably smack you behind you ear.

<snip> lycra yada yada <sinip>

Third it doesn't hook up on the nose of the seat .;...

Ja, well, I have to say I disagree with this IQ.

I've always ridden in baggies 'cos I'm not an exhibitionist and I'd always thought that the various folds, bulges and ridges of my member should be hidden from public view lest they provoke uncontrollable mirth and even heartfelt commiserations to my missus.

But upon joining up with my current club (CycleLab Fourways), I was given a shiny new blue cycling shirt emblazoned with the SuperSport logo and the word TOYOTA on the front and back in bold red lettering.....and a pair of bibs with TOYOTA all down the legs and in a prominent place on the arse.

I felt like a pro! Team SuperSport/TOYOTA! And I couldn't wait to wear them for the next Saturday club ride.

They were great I tell you. Just really comfy, and I was starting to wonder how much I could get for my old sweaty baggies on the Hub Classifieds when my front wheel hit a tussock of grass.... No real biggie, it just slowed me momentarily and caused me to slide forward off my saddle.

It was when I powered down on my right pedal that things got a bit more interesting. The chamois of the bib caught the underside of my saddle and, as I powered down, the tip of my saddle made short work of the point zero zero one millimetre of lycra and inserted itself, with what felt like the utmost joy and vigour, about four inches into my rearward cavity.

It felt like I'd won a weekend getaway at Leeukop Prison. I came away from the whole experience with a new respect for gay men who actually do that on a voluntary basis...

I've always ridden in baggies 'cos I'm not an exhibitionist and I'd always thought that the various folds, bulges and ridges of my member should be hidden from public view lest they provoke uncontrollable mirth and even heartfelt commiserations to my missus.

But upon joining up with my current club (CycleLab Fourways), I was given a shiny new blue cycling shirt emblazoned with the SuperSport logo and the word TOYOTA on the front and back in bold red lettering.....and a pair of bibs with TOYOTA all down the legs and in a prominent place on the arse.

I felt like a pro! Team SuperSport/TOYOTA! And I couldn't wait to wear them for the next Saturday club ride.

They were great I tell you. Just really comfy, and I was starting to wonder how much I could get for my old sweaty baggies on the Hub Classifieds when my front wheel hit a tussock of grass.... No real biggie, it just slowed me momentarily and caused me to slide forward off my saddle.

It was when I powered down on my right pedal that things got a bit more interesting. The chamois of the bib caught the underside of my saddle and, as I powered down, the tip of my saddle made short work of the point zero zero one millimetre of lycra and inserted itself, with what felt like the utmost joy and vigour, about four inches into my rearward cavity.

It felt like I'd won a weekend getaway at Leeukop Prison. I came away from the whole experience with a new respect for gay men who actually do that on a voluntary basis...

:eek:

Many new "facts" in this story... I have been schooled.

It was when I powered down on my right pedal that things got a bit more interesting. The chamois of the bib caught the underside of my saddle and, as I powered down, the tip of my saddle made short work of the point zero zero one millimetre of lycra and inserted itself, with what felt like the utmost joy and vigour, about four inches into my rearward cavity.

Post of the week.

Leeches

Unless you're coming off a flu bout or injury and declare it to your cycling company, please take your turn in the wind and help the bunch get home.

Very educational post. :eek:

Archived