Cycling No Nos!

Patchelicious

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No buffs under helmets? Sounds like a bunch of fair weather riders here....

Hell, Friday in Jo'burg called for a full balaclava........

Hell, Friday in Jo'burg called for a full balaclava........

I've just got in after being retracing this afternoon's ride with my son - lost my phone - and I had one of the polar Buffs one. And was still cold.

ever consider the fact that you sweat because you're wearing a buff???

those holes in your helmet are there to cool your head.

wearing a buff or peak cap under your helmet is the most idiotic thing a cyclist can do because it stops any possible airflow and forces your helmet upwards into an incorrect fitting position.

i know someone who wears a peak cap under his helmet to "keep the sun out of his eyes". the funny part is that the helmet has a peak already :thumbup:

wearing a buff or peak cap under your helmet is the most idiotic thing a cyclist can do because it stops any possible airflow and forces your helmet upwards into an incorrect fitting position.

i know someone who wears a peak cap under his helmet to "keep the sun out of his eyes". the funny part is that the helmet has a peak already :thumbup:

also use a buff to keep sweat from eyes. Holes in helmet does not prevent sweating.

i know someone who wears a peak cap under his helmet to "keep the sun out of his eyes". the funny part is that the helmet has a peak already [emoji106]

One of the best things I did was copy my mate and wear a buff. Used to struggle with sweat running into my eyes.

I don't find the buff has a negative effect on cooling - that is all good. But I do struggle with my helmet flipping up as you mentioned. Only happens on really bumpy technical sections though.

wearing a buff under your helmet is the most idiotic thing a cyclist can do because it stops any possible airflow and forces your helmet upwards into an incorrect fitting position.

:

It is ? It does? Don't reckon

One of the best things I did was copy my mate and wear a buff. Used to struggle with sweat running into my eyes.

I don't find the buff has a negative effect on cooling - that is all good. But I do struggle with my helmet flipping up as you mentioned. Only happens on really bumpy technical sections though.

i always wear a skull cap thing,not a buff. A lot smaller. Not sure skull cap is the right term. But makes the fitting of the helmet so much more comfortable (especially when head shaved ) and doesn't in anyway make he helmet fit any differently at all.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/youfookers/3780perfect_ass_mountainbike.jpg

Is it Friday ? ????

i always wear a skull cap thing,not a buff. A lot smaller. Not sure skull cap is the right term. But makes the fitting of the helmet so much more comfortable (especially when head shaved ) and doesn't in anyway make he helmet fit any differently at all.

Can you please post a pic or a link or something? I am interested in this.

I also shave my head.

Can you please post a pic or a link or something? I am interested in this.

I also shave my head.

like this,first ascent also make one.

post-51529-0-99451600-1433613502_thumb.jpg

Archived