Sani2c 2016

Squier

I wasn't there but I understand it was a large group that started before/behind Batch C(?)

They neither had the technical skills nor the trail etiquette not to create a big cluster%$ck of a bottleneck on the downhill.

I can only imagine the frustration of racing day 1 to get a good seeding on day 2 only to be be held up by a group of golfers who are not even doing the full race.

So your simple solution would not have helped, but the good thing is that Farmer Glen seems to learn from little mishaps like this and not repeat them.

Best description of the problem I've seen since last year, but as was said it was addressed and nobody had any issues with them this year.

Generally the "give a gap and ride smooth" approach works well if you cannot pass, but I've been into the valley behind an old Oom and Tannie (literally!) that stopped and walked through all the switchbacks in Nick's Pass - without allowing anybody to pass them. Eventually there was quite a line of riders bunched up behind them and they spoiled it for a lot of guys.

This year I had a really strong partner and we went into the singletrack at the front of our bunch (B). We could hammer it into the valley and at some stage it felt like we were the only ones riding the Sani as we didn't see anybody except for the spectators for kilometers. This for me was pure bliss as for the first time the trails came to life - and it was AWESOME!

In SA we are spoiled with some outstanding stage races and the Sani is definitely right up there.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Small video I made about my trip to Sani. Not very well made but gives some idea I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great video - enjoyed watching it! (We're the tandem on day3)

http://youtu.be/1ucyiAhBxE4

Small video I made about my trip to Sani. Not very well made but gives some idea I think.

Why can't I see your video, it says video not available?

Probably not made available to view on mobile devices

Cool vid, thanks for sharing. 

No idea. Some people seem to be able to see it and others not. Maybe there is a setting i need to change??

Great video - enjoyed watching it! (We're the tandem on day3)

Cool vid, thanks for sharing. 

+1. 

It seems to be because it has copyrighted music, therefore can't be played on some devices. I will remove the music and try again

No idea. Some people seem to be able to see it and others not. Maybe there is a setting i need to change??

I even tried YouTube to watch the video, but it was still unavailable. And I really want and need to see it.

I even tried YouTube to watch the video, but it was still unavailable. And I really want and need to see it.

Try it on a computer. I hope you're not disappointed after all this stress. Lol. YouTube still editing to remove the copyrighted songs.

One word: "twin-ply".

Huh !!  

Twin-ply toilet roll in the toilets. Didn't expect it and was a pleasant surprise, especially after a long day in the saddle. Sorry to be abstract.

Twin-ply toilet roll in the toilets. Didn't expect it and was a pleasant surprise, especially after a long day in the saddle. Sorry to be abstract.

Really thought you were gonna complain that there was'nt 2-ply in the toilets..  :blush:

Glad that there were.

Hey, we did not have 2-ply during the J2C, and we paid a hell of a lot more than you okes.....  :whistling:  :ph34r:

Watched it on computer on YouTube, great, looks like a lekker adventure. Thanks for sharing.

I have done 4 w2w. Trust me, once you have 3 bags you have enough. Just dump all your stuff inside your sleeping bag and be on your way. Works just as well.

Our house does NOT need more bags! More clothes, sure. 

Archived