Edge 500 - "Memory Full"

Wannabe

Thanks guys.

I will your tips a go, but I think a trip to Garmin Offices is on the cards.

whats the bet they tell you it is a hardware issue and then offer you a good trade in for the latest model garmin

I eat my words.

Phoned the Garmin Service Centre in Maitland. Gent who answered said he is just busy with a client, if I leave my name and number, he'll get back to me. Left my details with him, but fully expected to have to phone again before the end of the day.

Lo and behold, ten minutes later my phone rings, and it is him. Tells me it might be a corrupt file or a possible virus. I must bring the unit to him and he'll sort it out for me on site and at the princely sum of .......

Gratis and Verniet.

For Free

Mahala.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I eat my words.

Phoned the Garmin Service Centre in Maitland. Gent who answered said he is just busy with a client, if I leave my name and number, he'll get back to me. Left my details with him, but fully expected to have to phone again before the end of the day.

Lo and behold, ten minutes later my phone rings, and it is him. Tells me it might be a corrupt file or a possible virus. I must bring the unit to him and he'll sort it out for me on site and at the princely sum of .......

Gratis and Verniet.

For Free

Mahala.

Barry, Navworld?

Ya always received great service from him, and he's prompt. I doubt you'd spend 20-30mins waiting for him to sort you out!

Barry, Navworld?

Ya always received great service from him, and he's prompt. I doubt you'd spend 20-30mins waiting for him to sort you out!

Barry is a rock star

He's always been diligent

And he has one helluva work flow

I eat my words.

Gratis and Verniet.

For Free

Mahala.

Ok, time to own up, what else have you been storing on your garmin out of the way of prying eyes :P

Glad to hear its all cleared up and had such great service!!

Pure Savage.

I'm a tool when it comes to technology. I know how to start the thing up, get it recording, stop and shut it down again. Was a mission to get used to the correct way of downloading it to the PC. So if there is "funny" stuff on there, I sure as hell did not put it there (on purpose, at least :whistling:  :ph34r: )

And I still need to take it in, must find some time in my busy schedule to zipp out for an hour or two.

But I'm positive that it will be sorted out quickly.

whats the bet they tell you it is a hardware issue and then offer you a good trade in for the latest model garmin

I might have to eat my words too

Good news, guys. My Edge 500 is fixed.

Took me longer to drive to Maitland than it took them to sort the problem out. It was a virus, transplanted from my laptop to the Garmin.

Regis gave the name of a program to use to clean my laptop, and sent me on my merry way, a very happy chappy.

Thanks Garmin Service Centre Maitland.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Good news, guys. My Edge 500 is fixed.

Took me longer to drive to Maitland than it took them to sort the problem out. It was a virus, transplanted from my laptop to the Garmin.

Regis gave the name of a program to use to clean my laptop, and sent me on my merry way, a very happy chappy.

Thanks Garmin Service Centre Maitland.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Live in Centurion, and have had similar experiences with Navworld Centurion. The guys are just great, and makes using a Garmin a bigger pleasure. Great stuff! In fact, had similar experiences with the Garmin guys in Fourways as well. Garmin is the way to go!!

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys, I realize this is an old post but I came across it when I had the same problem on my Edge 500 this week. 

Turned out not to be a virus, hardware or a software problem but rather a very simple case of deleted files remaining in the Garmin Edge's ".Trashes" folder. 

Turns out that if you are using a MAC and you use Finder (File Manager) to delete your activities you need to make sure that you empty the Trash folder on your MAC too whilst your Garmin is still connected. If you dont the files remain hidden but not deleted - they are simply moved to the".Trashes" folder on your Edge.