The Salvage Thread

Eldron

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Need help building 2 x bikes for my gardener and his wife - need something that will be as low maintenance as possible. Looking for 2 small frames that I can build up as single speeds. Have an old crank and an old suspension fork that no longer works which should be fine. Might have 1 set of v-brakes already and a set of wheels. Will probably need 2 single speed conversion kits to make it work.

Any help would be much appreciated. I don't mind spending a little bit of money on the project....

Need help building 2 x bikes for my gardener and his wife - need something that will be as low maintenance as possible. Looking for 2 small frames that I can build up as single speeds. Have an old crank and an old suspension fork that no longer works which should be fine. Might have 1 set of v-brakes already and a set of wheels. Will probably need 2 single speed conversion kits to make it work.

Any help would be much appreciated. I don't mind spending a little bit of money on the project....

I can help with framesets. Very old, but maybe worth your while. I am just out of the country until 3 Jan 2018. I am sure I will have almost everything you need in the BOMB garage, but unfortunately you will have to wait until the new year.

Almost like new FD Super R

Only the little back connectortjie broke off.  If you can find one or use an old one......

Welcome to collect.

Pretoria

hi there is the FD regards Danie 0829223984

I can help with framesets. Very old, but maybe worth your while. I am just out of the country until 3 Jan 2018. I am sure I will have almost everything you need in the BOMB garage, but unfortunately you will have to wait until the new year.

Thanks! Will be in touch in the new year...

• 4 weeks later...

Looking for 3x8 mtb shimano shifters (need a set of shifters that don't have brake levers incorporated)

Morning guys, I am still looking for an old BMX frame and a back wheel for it. I have an 26 Mtb frame to swop.

I have an old Mongoose. It's been painted badly but that can be sorted...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone

I am busy helping an less fortunate girl build a bicycle. Do anyone have a set of 29er rims with disc rotors they are willing to part with.

Any entry level will do, will swop for older vbrake rims

Apologies if this has been asked already, but aside from parts etc. is there a means of passing on used cycling kit?

I have a bunch, some hardly used, and would be a shame to throw away.

I believe there is a spot near northern farms, but anything cape town based?

Apologies if this has been asked already, but aside from parts etc. is there a means of passing on used cycling kit?

I have a bunch, some hardly used, and would be a shame to throw away.

I believe there is a spot near northern farms, but anything cape town based?

Will PM you shortly.