The Salvage Thread

Eldron

Hi guys.

And thank you in advance.my 29 er mtb frame has a tapered headset with a straight steerer fork.

I'm in the process of purchasing a tapered fork but am looking for the fork bearing race adaptor that would accommodate tapered fork stem into bearings of straight steerer, if you guys know what I'm getting at

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys.

And thank you in advance.my 29 er mtb frame has a tapered headset with a straight steerer fork.

I'm in the process of purchasing a tapered fork but am looking for the fork bearing race adaptor that would accommodate tapered fork stem into bearings of straight steerer, if you guys know what I'm getting at

Nooo!

You have an adapter now.

Hi guys.

Might want to check your frame can actually accommodate the tapered fork. Getting an adapter for straight to tapered is easy. The other way round will first depend on your frame, then probably need an external bearing cup on the bottom.

deleted..rephrasing, needing a old in the way, dusty broken mtb powertap pro SL+ hub which cannot be used anymore or sold for spare parts..mainly the axle. 

ridr and Kalahari Vegmot hope you aprove!!

Edited by devilliers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Hope someone is able to help. Looking for a 26er 1-1/8” fork with a 230mm steerer. Please let me know if you have one laying around, need it for a retro MTB project.

Thank you in advance.

• 1 month later...

Kalahari if you *** me out ill come repo the parts I gave you!!!!

I am looking for a set of mechanical disc brake calipers for my home built frame (workshop actually) in order to test. I dont want it them for free and will pay all costs.

• 2 weeks later...

is one allowed to ask on this thread if anyone has a spare (second hand) rockshox lockout lever lying around? Mine is kaput/unrepairable. Need it for my commute bike. Can't justify the price of a new one. 

• 2 months later...

Salvaged .... Up for grabs

9x3 Speed groupset

Shimano Altus shifters, RD, FD.

FSA Dyna Drive crank with BB (Left hand arm seems to have been cross threaded).

Cassette still good.

Freshish grips.

Am in the Eastrand / Boksburg area

Been salvaged

post-2153-0-81337000-1543217907_thumb.jpg

post-2153-0-75690700-1543217919_thumb.jpg

post-2153-0-71095900-1543217940_thumb.jpg

post-2153-0-05690400-1543217958_thumb.jpg

Edited by TNOSE_E