The Salvage Thread

Eldron

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys. I'm starting to enjoy road biking more and more and as such looking for any road components I can use to build up a cheap and affordable bike. As I don't have much opportunity to ride road where I live, I can't afford to pay thousands on a bike or components. Currently I have nothing, but a frame is a good place to start I reckon.

If anyone has a broken frame laying around to swap for a couple of beers or a whiskey, I would highly appreciate it. In fact, any parts will be greatly appreciated

Hi guys. I'm starting to enjoy road biking more and more and as such looking for any road components I can use to build up a cheap and affordable bike. As I don't have much opportunity to ride road where I live, I can't afford to pay thousands on a bike or components. Currently I have nothing, but a frame is a good place to start I reckon.

If anyone has a broken frame laying around to swap for a couple of beers or a whiskey, I would highly appreciate it. In fact, any parts will be greatly appreciated

A generous hubber has sponsored a wheelset, thank you very much!

I also have a saddle already.

Have some MTB parts I'm willing to (part)trade for whatever you have and not using. Alexrims DP21, XT and SRAM X9 FD, SRAM shifters, chainrings and some other bits and bobs

I'm looking for a 26er rear wheel if anyone has one lurking around, with a shimano hub would be great, I don't mind paying for it and the shipping if needs be.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

Do any of you have a 29 rear wheel with casette it does not need to be tubeless ready or even have a tyre.

I want to put a trainer slick on it to use on my stationery trainer for lactate work .

Would appreciate .

Will pay if necessary just something basic and does not need to be light.

Thank you

A generous hubber has sponsored a wheelset, thank you very much!

I also have a saddle already.

Have some MTB parts I'm willing to (part)trade for whatever you have and not using. Alexrims DP21, XT and SRAM X9 FD, SRAM shifters, chainrings and some other bits and bobs

9/10 speed?

Hi all,

I'm looking for an XT 9spd shifter. Converting a very early (?90's) GT Karakoram from crappy 3x8 to better 1x9.

Happy to trade for whatever.

Hi all. Anyone interested in a Bridgestone Radac frame and fork. I purchased the bike a few years back for the parts. The rear derailleur hanger bolt requires attention; the thread has been stripped. Size 56. Thanks Sean

Thanks seanp for the frame! Now just to find a 25.4mm seatpost, brake calipers and some single speed cogs to go on my shimano freewheel... Should be a fun project.

Hi all,

I'm looking for an XT 9spd shifter. Converting a very early (?90's) GT Karakoram from crappy 3x8 to better 1x9.

Happy to trade for whatever.

Would dual controls work for you?

Would dual controls work for you?

I have a nice set of levers, so would prefer just the clicker ???? I'm being a bit of a choosy beggar...

I have a nice set of levers, so would prefer just the clicker I'm being a bit of a choosy beggar...

Must be the age......? Edited by Sepia

I'm looking for a handlebar and stem for a project (not mine) if anybody has something lying about please shout...

Mtb. I'd love to give the guy something wider with a slightly shorter stem, but really anything wil do...

Thanks in advance!