2016 Freedom Challenge RASA & RTR Prep

I'm not a race snake so don't mind weight. My pack was 4,5 - 5 kg before water

On RASA i carried a few more spares than on RTR - not much difference in weight

I prefer the weight on my bike as I am strong on the portages and prefer to keep my backside comfortable ^_^ . My2c

I'm not a race snake so don't mind weight, mine with water normally weigh 10 kg, but then I also use to weigh 93kg....

if you train with it you get use to the weight, it like your legs carrying you bodyweight every day....actually it's all in the mind.

:devil:  :devil: :devil:  

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mc3103. Awesome. Wish I could join you????. Have a great time. Tomorrow it starts...yipee????

There's one section on the map that I don't understand - around Mc Gregor.  Why does the red line go off to nowhere?  And why is there suddenly an orange line?  Is it all just an error?

post-50271-0-78021000-1464684612_thumb.png

There's one section on the map that I don't understand - around Mc Gregor.  Why does the red line go off to nowhere?  And why is there suddenly an orange line?  Is it all just an error?

oh wow, that would be the old route. 

why did it change to the orange now - would be way faster

Mag die son se helder strale altyd oor julle skyn,

die maan vir julle geluk bring soos die beste vonkelwyn,

Mag die liefde soos die sterre ontelbaar jul omvou

en die vreugde van die melkweg jul in haar arms hou!!

Sterkte aan elkeen, maak wonderlike herrinneringe, ondek jouself, ondek die mense, ondek die wêreld, druk jouself en geniet dit.

Welkkom by die band van Freedom Challenge broeders en sisters !!!

That "little tail" is being tidied up on the website. It is part of the old route.

The new map will be sorted asap.

That "little tail" is being tidied up on the website. It is part of the old route.

Last year I had a chat to the farmer just around the corner from the Lords winery right where the route kicks up into the mountains - he was so proud to have the Freedom Challenge riders going across his land.  Poor guy.

gees, i'm out the loop now -that's quite a big change actually

no more coenieskraal

no more moon rock eskom climb

no more jonas se kop

no more doornrivier

will be way quicker.

Tomorrow the dots will start to move on that map !! 

Ek kyk vir jou die keer boetie 'fokus my kind'!

Ek kyk vir jou die keer boetie 'fokus my kind'!

Thanks Ben , this time I got a race strategy . 

Day 1 - Get out of the Valley ................. And then take the rest as they come.

another question...i see on the tracking map that...there is a little circle around each SS...does that mean there is a shifty nifty gadget mathingymagic automatically updating the leaderboard (AKA geofencing)?

Archived