2016 Freedom Challenge RASA & RTR Prep

They left Allendale at 4.50ish.  I think that is early enough, but a nav error on the pre Donnybrook forest cost Steve and Colleen a couple of hours of daylight.

They took a left instead of a right. :mellow:

Thanks Dusty, maybe another stupid question...how do you see/know they made a nav error?

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Dusty, maybe another stupid question...how do you see/know they made a nav error?

I had a chat with them a bit later. If you zoomed in on their track you could see where they went wrong.

They're not doing the ideal route through Boshelweni now either :w00t:

I had a chat with them a bit later. If you zoomed in on their track you could see where they went wrong.

they just went left, and should have gone right, right!

Which one is faster? I measured both options on GEarth & checked distance & riding times and they seemed pretty similar. Both options also marked on the maps but I'm all ears to hear which one will save a precious minute :-).

Eish, looks like Becky and Sean are looking for a campsite...

They missed the camp site , need to go back around the bend . Glad to see they got out of there , it's not a happy place at night

Ntsikeni will need to run a nightshift at check in this evening, a few late arrivals by the looks of it.

Whats all that cutting Donnybrook forest out. are they afraid of the ghoast of Forest? Some penalties coming as they cut a big chunk of nav out in the night?

Whats all that cutting Donnybrook forest out. are they afraid of the ghoast of Forest? Some penalties coming as they cut a big chunk of nav out in the night?

chaos reigned in donnybrook this morning. Looks like a 2 years old coloring in book, with those zigs and zags all over the page....

chaos reigned in donnybrook this morning. Looks like a 2 years old coloring in book, with those zigs and zags all over the page....

Looks like a case of monkey see monkey doo, one gets its wrong and the others follow spoor. Makes me think of this ou ballie that came on the spring ride without maps, he just read spoor, wanted to do RASA that way sadly he hasn't tried yet.

Well spotted.

The four riders who deviated from the route this morning were lost and have been given a warning. 

No time penalties were awarded as they did not gain any time advantage.

Archived