Junior Tour ladies-Fiasco-Michelle Corbet

gypsy

20080407_102805_Corbitt_photo.JPG<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

[/quote']

Big%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile oh man........you call that PUSHING ???

If he WAS helping, he'd either pull her off her bike or he's has one STRONG arm. I've NEVER seen anyone get PULLED like that ever in any race I've watched. Get a life.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and yet again............I arrive late to a "discussion"...looks like it's all been sorted out.............one day I'll arrive on time.

Michellie my girl... just remember one thing in life... "when people are talking behind your back... it means that you are two steps ahead"

Enough said... end of topic!

I cannot believe the cruel accusations of the parent "gypsy" whom i know.

Michelle Corbett is an outstanding athlete.

She finished in 45th position amongst the "BOYS". where did your child finish. Did your child finish???

Her parents are model parents and have very high morals and standards and that you see in Michelle if you actually took the time to look instead of critising something so stupid.

Michelle does not deserve these ill comments she is sooooo very talented and she would have been able to assist some of the guys with ease.

If you knew anything about the sport you would know that you cannot assist from where the young man was , my goodness how do you think he would have stayed on his bike at that angle.

As for Mr Price - what have you -Gypsy! done for cycling except bring it in disrepute by your negativety.

Mr Price management has just always looked out for the children and done so well.

I agree that you owe Michelle a public apology as well as her parents, Konika Minolta and the Mr Price management. Lets see if you have the guts to be open and be named.

To Michelle, Konika Minolta and The Corbett family i wish Michelle all the best for her cycling career, i believe she will make us South Africans proud at Junior worlds be it on the track or on the road.

Wink

Hope Gypsey has the guts to apologise to everyone!

Michelle you keep doing what you are doing - trap hulle stukkend!

NEVER, that won't happen!!!! Sometimes I wish Admin would mail people like that and then BAN them from The Hub!!!

Dear Gypsy' date=' or parent of a junior who had his/her nose put out of joint at the recent junior Tour, at the risk of sounding obtuse. I too have been involved in cycling for a long time... a very long time. As the manager of Michelle Corbett and Konica Minolta, I will attempt to clarify the facts surrounding the so called "pushing of Michelle"

The photo was taken on the last stage before entering the golden gate reserve, at this point in time Michelle was sitting comfortably in the Junior boys peleton. She eased off on order to fetch a bottle from her team car, in so doing she passed the Mr Price rider, who incidently is from Cape Town and has no assocation with Jills Mr Price Junior team. the rider was under the impression she was being dropped and being a boy he gave her a word of encouragment and touched Michelle on the shoulder...

Michelle Collected her bottle and regained contact with the peleton. At all times during the race she closely was followed by more than one commisarre, including Craig Autrey and Hendrik Wagenaar whom you are welcome to contact over the matter.

You are very quick to label an athlete a "cheat without" confirming the facts.  She won the tour by close on 30 minutes over the 2nd placed lady.....and you are claiming she did this by being "pushed along?

Had Michelle Cheated she would have been disqualified on the tour and she would have born the consequence of your actions.

I look forward to seeing Michelle race again at SA Championships in May, and I'm hoping to see you on the start line together with your daughter/son, perhaps you will be open enough to come an introduce yourself.

Michelle is a talented young athlete whom both myself and Konica Minolta are proud to be associated with. I firmly believe that  with the correct guidence she has the abilty to win a medal for South Africa in the junior World Road Championships, if not this year then in 2008. Give her credit as she deserves it. Not since the days of Ronel van Wyk have I seen a first year junior race the way she did.

These are of course just my personal feelings on the matter  

[/quote']

Well said.. !!

Gypsy -- In afrikaans we call it "suur druiwe..!!'

Hope Gypsey has the guts to apologise to everyone!

Michelle you keep doing what you are doing - trap hulle stukkend!

Thanks Chrispy...

Just to think that in future michelle have to think twice to allow someone to touch her, cause it might be seen as a "stoot".

Agge nee Gypsy, die fotos is tog duidelik dat jy nou $%$ praat... That is obviously a pat on the back..!

Michelle, you go girl.. !! We proud of u. Like cherry said.. You just do what you do so good.

As a matter of interst, here is a larger image of the "incriminating" photo. I had to resize and reduce the quality quite a lot to get it from the ?4mb image file to under 100kb. Also, I would not want to post a good quality image so that someone can "steal" it and not pay for the image! The official photographers (Mardo Photos) put in a lot of time and effort to capture the event, so I would suggest that those interested visit the site and purchase the high quality images there on offer.

20080408_151623_JT_30_03_08_631.jpg

so who is gypsy, a 51 year old person, that sponsored a top track rider about 3 years ago to compete in world cups, but the rider never performed, even after gypsy invested r1million.

who was this track rider, dean edwards, blignaut? chunky will know

I cannot believe the cruel accusations of the parent "gypsy" whom i know.

Michelle Corbett is an outstanding athlete.

She finished in 45th position amongst the "BOYS". where did your child finish. Did your child finish???

Her parents are model parents and have very high morals and standards and that you see in Michelle if you actually took the time to look instead of critising something so stupid.

Michelle does not deserve these ill comments she is sooooo very talented and she would have been able to assist some of the guys with ease.

If you knew anything about the sport you would know that you cannot assist from where the young man was ' date=' my goodness how do you think he would have stayed on his bike at that angle.

As for Mr Price - what have you -Gypsy! done for cycling except bring it in disrepute by your negativety.

Mr Price management has just always looked out for the children and done so well.

I agree that you owe Michelle a public apology as well as her parents, Konika Minolta and the Mr Price management. Lets see if you have the guts to be open and be named.

To Michelle, Konika Minolta and The Corbett family i wish Michelle all the best for her cycling career, i believe she will make us South Africans proud at Junior worlds be it on the track or on the road.

Wink
[/quote']

Allow me a thought or two, while I am in Afghanistan, Jill has taken my son into her own home and been a mother and manager for him. Even lent him their set of rollers to practice on,  someone in the team even borrowed him a pair of clip on time trial bars.   Picked him up when he was down, helped him,  even took him to a bike shop and bought him a cassette and tyres, when my wife could not find any in Pretoria.  This was done with her own money. 

This, Gypsey, after you say they operate in an underhanded fashion.  When one reads the deeper meaning into this thread, one cannot but notice that you are very unhappy with your own childs performance at the tour , and that you are now looking for a scapegoat.  Don't blame people who put their whole life into junior development, rather ask how you could be of assistance instead of being judgemental.

My R 0.10c worth  ( cost has gone up due to inflation, hubbers, please take note)

folk, gypsy is clearly a dreadful parent trying to live thier life through their child and that their child is not capable of living up to their dreams (as in gypsy) now it's going to look for excuses. neither gypsy nor gypsy's offspring has any hope of ever being a true cahmpion because, as maximo pointed out, a true champion is capable of accepting defeat gracefully.

i feel very sorry for gypsy's offspring as they are deprived of knowing anything of true value, love, respect or dignity.

Hey hey... come now... this topic is really getting out of hand. If its not Michell its Gypsy...

Gypsy probably thought he was onto something juicy, just like the people who commented after him. They eye can deceive you unless someone poits out the truth!

The moral of this story is that we all should think twice before our fingers run across that keyboard! 

The hub is such a powefull forum and can destroy a lot of good, even though not intended!

What a crock of sh!t...

I really like the forensic evidence proving the straining of the arm, citing that said person has been pushing for a prolonged period of time?! How did you make this up Gypsy? I mean really,accept the fact that this girl is evidently SO much better than the other girls, and just let her be.

If there was no official complaint lodged at the time, then its apparent there was nothing to complain about.

I believe the hardest thing our young riders have to overcome, are parents. Over zealous, pushy parents who will not accept that their little pedalling bundle of joy was beaten.

Let it be...

nou waar is gypsy(woonwa) nou?

doodstil!

He's busy photoshopping. Next photo he'll post will be of Michelle riding tandem with one of the boys.