West Coast Express

Ramiez

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to get out of the lazy winter mood and get rid of the cobwebs... ill be peddling along in the easy 46km as my warm up for the season, then 2 weeks later the 90km at the Durbie dash.

I haven't been doing many road rides during winter and most rides i did were short 15km-30km mountain bike trails over the weekends.

I must've seen you roll on the Peninsula on Sunday morning, passing through Sea Point at about noon?

I was probably home bound from Cahppies..

Even if it was 40km, I would join. Races feel far and few in the Capelands after the Argus.

I'm looking forward to some fast and hard racing.

I will come give it a bash in the C group :]

This bike looked awesome on the road this morning. Pity I couldnt hang on long enough to drool a bit more  :w00t:

Oops I did it again... I worked too hard too early and got dropped Mamre's hill. I didn't expect that.

Legs were still tired for the company sports day yesterday.

Still made good time though and worked lekker with the straggler group.

Great day, great ride, makes  you feel fast!  :thumbup: Until you do one with some hills again! :(  Was a bit chaotic at the start with too many people collecting numbers and stickers. :thumbdown:  Late entries queue was much quicker! :whistling:

Well done altogether West Coast Wheelers!  :clap:

Had a lekker ride from C-D, congrats to the 2 guys who broke away on that little hill 20km into the race and managed to stay ahead for the rest of the race.

A bit frustrating that the group didn't really make a proper effort to catch them, was as if most were holding back for the sprint finish which is a bit pointless imo. Just one of those days I guess, missed having a DC training team in our midst!

My racetec result isn't showing even though I did wear my pigeon tag. :huh:

Sent them my Stravaah and Garmie files.

Think this was one of the worst road surfaces I have ridden. Chaos at the registration. But nice ride anyways...

Archived