Bonus

Agree Dale. After what happened to Bertie at the TdF, I fear any of those that cycled for GC will suffer. There's less time to recover this time than what Bertie had.

Then again, that was only Bertie Heheheee.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

“It’s difficult to say, I’ve only just finished the Tour de France. It would be really tough to do another Grand Tour..."

Froome Dawg

Sounds like he's Chicken.. Lol

Sadly I won't be in Spain until the last week of the Vuelta - otherwise I could have offered to stand in :-)

I believe Spartacus is confirmed for the Vuelta. If so, that's great news for his recovery - and of course for his hopes of getting to Worlds in top shape. Holding thumbs he keeps the rubber side down the whole way this time.

I believe Spartacus is confirmed for the Vuelta. If so, that's great news for his recovery - and of course for his hopes of getting to Worlds in top shape. Holding thumbs he keeps the rubber side down the whole way this time.

It'll be awesome if he has recovered enough to ride and get ready for World's. He is a great rider to watch!

Found this funny;

@olegtinkov: Finally,I can say that @petosagan salary matches his performance! I can't say that about some of his teammates,but season isn't over yet :-)

Sagan is easily road cycling's most marketable athlete, so hard to say that his salary regardless of performances isn't somewhat justified.

It'll be awesome if he has recovered enough to ride and get ready for World's. He is a great rider to watch!

From his twitter feed, he posted about his first 'normal' ride back on the bike being only 3 days ago. So it's still very early days for him. Not long now till Vuelta so a bit of a race against time for him.

The only reference to him entering the Vuelta is a short reference at the end of this article on Velonews. Besides that, I couldn't find any other confirmation online - not on the Trek site or anywhere else that I can see. 

My guess is that with his sole focus being all about the World Champs, he's entering the Vuelta just to get some hard racing back in his legs and to see how many stages he can hold on for, but not with the intention of actually finishing the whole thing. Let's see....

post-22004-0-71104200-1438680216_thumb.jpg

From his twitter feed, he posted about his first 'normal' ride back on the bike being only 3 days ago. So it's still very early days for him. Not long now till Vuelta so a bit of a race against time for him.

The only reference to him entering the Vuelta is a short reference at the end of this article on Velonews. Besides that, I couldn't find any other confirmation online - not on the Trek site or anywhere else that I can see.

My guess is that with his sole focus being all about the World Champs, he's entering the Vuelta just to get some hard racing back in his legs and to see how many stages he can hold on for, but not with the intention of actually finishing the whole thing. Let's see....

Agree. If he does ride it's with a focus on the World's. Which is the way it's been with him for years. Can't recall him finishing a Vuelta to be perfectly honest. And even if he is race ready for the World's he'll have a difficult time trying to win it as the parcours does suit most if not all of the contenders of the cobble classics. The last few big races are going to be incredibly interesting. In for a treat methinks.

9 new summit finishes for the Vuelta

The 2015 Vuelta a España will celebrate its 70th edition this year with something new: The course will include 9 summit finishes – none of which has been used before by the Spanish Grand Tour.

One stage will take place completely in neighbouring Andorra, covering only 138km but climbing 5230m ( :eek:).

That monster stage is STAGE 11. 

Here's the course profile below. 5230m of climbing in one stage. Frikking hell.

I don't recall a stage bigger than this in a grand tour, does anyone else?

post-22004-0-62043100-1438692395_thumb.jpg

That monster stage is STAGE 11.

Here's the course profile below. 5230m of climbing in one stage. Frikking hell.

I don't recall a stage bigger than this in a grand tour, does anyone else?

I've seen 4500ish

Not just shark teeth kinda profile

Must be a record, tom'?

That monster stage is STAGE 11.  Here's the course profile below. 5230m of climbing in one stage. Frikking hell. I don't recall a stage bigger than this in a grand tour, does anyone else?

Biggest I've seen. Frikken hell!