Bonus

Velonews confirms Cancellara's entry.

Spartacus: “The initial plan was to return to racing at the Eneco Tour next week. But it’s too early. I’m still experiencing some pain when I’m doing high intensity, even though I have been training since more than a week with training rides of up to four hours. I’d love to race already, but my body is just not ready yet.

“I’ll be at the start of the Vuelta for the seventh time now. It’s a race that I like: lots of kilometers, hard racing, good roads, and fans that appreciate our sport. Above all, I want to get back into the habit of racing and help our leaders, starting with the team time trial in Marbella. I want to be as good as I can at the worlds. I’ll suffer to get through the first week, but I need competition.”

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Froome is riding :-)

Well, well, well

The Dawg does have some unfinished business with the Vuelta

Fatigue from le Tour and recovery superpowers will be crucial factors

Anyone's bet who'll take the GC

Well, well, wellThe Dawg does have some unfinished business with the VueltaFatigue from le Tour and recovery superpowers will be crucial factorsAnyone's bet who'll take the GC

Dale, can I make my statement about Froome vs Quintana now?

I said it before Quintana will win it. Chris will come 2nd or 3rd & it will all play in Sky's favor as it will make him look human again & will finally put an end to the dope stories.

Like I say, the Vuelta also kicks up 'big surprises'. No-names who have never won anything, but suddenly they appear as contenders at the Vuelta, and more often than not they are Spanish.

Maybe Ilnur Zakarin from Katusha will take the GC in typical Spanish tradition :ph34r:

Edited by ScottC-M

Well at least we know former champ chris horner ain't going (although he did just come 5th at the tour of Utah, he's on a continental team).

I said it before Quintana will win it. Chris will come 2nd or 3rd & it will all play in Sky's favor as it will make him look human again & will finally put an end to the dope stories.

Do you think Sky would throw a race to silence the doping criticism?

Haters gonna hate irrespective of evidence or logic. Even your post, whilst not hating, plays to this logic.

Commercial considerations mean win the event. Then suck up/ignore any negative publicity.

Edited by davem