Can anyone confirm / dismiss Meerendal attack?

KarlvN

I was just asked by my brother to confirm a supposed incident where two guys were attacked at or around Meerendal, apparently one of the guys ended up with stab wounds to the abdomen. This apparently happened a week or so ago.

I asked my brother if he was sure about this, and he says he heard it from one of his customers who knows one of the guys involved. The customer also rides by the way. My boet insists that the customer is a man of high repute, who would not joke about stuff like this.

I have not heard anything related to this, and am purely asking any hubbers to dismiss or confirm. If this is in fact true, it is serious, as I and many other folks ride alone there all the time.

Have not heard a thing, and there is nothing about it on the TGMTB FB page either. (or at least that I saw)

I was just asked by my brother to confirm a supposed incident where two guys were attacked at or around Meerendal, apparently one of the guys ended up with stab wounds to the abdomen. This apparently happened a week or so ago. I asked my brother if he was sure about this, and he says he heard it from one of his customers who knows one of the guys involved. The customer also rides by the way. My boet insists that the customer is a man of high repute, who would not joke about stuff like this. I have not heard anything related to this, and am purely asking any hubbers to dismiss or confirm. If this is in fact true, it is serious, as I and many other folks ride alone there all the time.

I ride alone on those hills too, but let's first hear where and what time of day, cos around Meerendal could be a wide area. I also heard yesterday that there was an 'attack at Koeberg' hence the wanting to hear.

Quote from Skype:

"ja ek het gelees jou hub entry, dit was blykbaar aan die agterkant van dorstberg as jy op en oor gaan, blykbaar gaan jy oor en deur n hek met n secyirty code, ken nie daai area so weet nie."

Since when are we allowed through the security gate at the top of Dorstberg?

Quote from Skype:

"ja ek het gelees jou hub entry, dit was blykbaar aan die agterkant van dorstberg as jy op en oor gaan, blykbaar gaan jy oor en deur n hek met n secyirty code, ken nie daai area so weet nie."

Since when are we allowed through the security gate at the top of Dorstberg?

possibly he have the farms mixed up? might more likely be Majik Forest being referred to here? Only other place with combination lock for a gate is Hillcrest/Ntidia & that is highly unlikely area for an ambush/attack but not impossible.

And while I type this I just realised why there has been no reports, could it be that they were rogue riders & now they don't want to make a noise cause then they will be exposed? Mmmm I see smoke.

I ride Meerendal a lot and I really doubt this..It is probably the safest trail around.

Wouldbe devasted if true????

possibly he have the farms mixed up? might more likely be Majik Forest being referred to here? Only other place with combination lock for a gate is Hillcrest/Ntidia & that is highly unlikely area for an ambush/attack but not impossible.

And while I type this I just realised why there has been no reports, could it be that they were rogue riders & now they don't want to make a noise cause then they will be exposed? Mmmm I see smoke.

Well even if they were rogue riders, if they got attacked and stabbed I think it's vital that it gets attention.  Two seperate issues.

Well even if they were rogue riders, if they got attacked and stabbed I think it's vital that it gets attention. Two seperate issues.

no doubt, all I'm stating is possibilities to what could've happened.

A Hubber's brother has a customer who knows a guy who was attacked, & wants to verify it.

Looks like a "no" - why not find out the name of the guy who said he was attacked and ask him?

I ride Meerendal a lot and I really doubt this..It is probably the safest trail around.

Wouldbe devasted if true

Eisch!

The safest trail around - I don't know if there is such a thing.

Things change in a flash.

Eisch!

The safest trail around - I don't know if there is such a thing.

Things change in a flash.

Well yes this is South Africa, anything can happen anywhere

But Meerendal is properly fenced, have security at the entrance, is relative small, little place for assailants to hide, relatively busy etc.

If someone gets attacked on the wide range of Tygerberg trail this is definitely one of the less likelier places to happen..