A clown takes a pratfall - Should have been wearing a helmet....

GaryvdM

Well said...and in SA there is a LAW that cyclist must stay 1m away from parked cars. I am sure there will be something like that in the UK

Funny how the cyclists here will always tell what the cyclist "SHOULD" do and then use words like ..... why is t\he all self-righteous....irony 

I am a fan of chasing down cars and telling the drivers my kids think they were too close... and asking what they plan to tell my kids and wife when they kill me.....

Often leads to a lot of stuttering....... sometimes some yelling....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- what would have happened if: The motorist had just said  "Sorry mate - didn't mean to surprise you - are you ok?"

It would have made for a boring video ??

Am I the only one that heard the Chariots of Fire theme song as fat boy did his tar dive?

Am I the only one that heard the Chariots of Fire theme song as fat boy did his tar dive?

HAHA

I am a fan of chasing down cars and telling the drivers my kids think they were too close... and asking what they plan to tell my kids and wife when they kill me.....

Often leads to a lot of stuttering....... sometimes some yelling....

Very good one...motoris don't see a father and husband on the bike

Maybe some people should watch this persons other videos and see how often and close other cars get. He has clearly had enough

The driver did make a valid point of riding in the middle of the road and the cyclist probably did over react a little.

But to start off with. The cyclist should not have gone chasing after the car

What! You never done that before...beats drinking red bull :whistling:  :blush:  :blush:

Very good one...motoris don't see a father and husband on the bike

Maybe some people should watch this persons other videos and see how often and close other cars get. He has clearly had enough

Want to come on a morning ride with Eddy and me? then you will see close...

Fortunately Eddy is a voice of reason sometimes.... :)

Seriously though - clearly the poster of the video has had enough - he has those cameras for a reason.... Hell - I even have a camera in my car - very useful thing .... I think....

Want to come on a morning ride with Eddy and me? then you will see close...

Fortunately Eddy is a voice of reason sometimes.... :)

Seriously though - clearly the poster of the video has had enough - he has those cameras for a reason.... Hell - I even have a camera in my car - very useful thing .... I think....

I have had a few close calls, some even brushed me.... :-) Most often the motorist uses this excuse "but there was a car approaching from the front, I HAD to pass close to you" WTF? 

I also have a camera in the car now... I don't trust anyone any longer....you in an accident and then their story changes when it comes to insurance.

Video evidence can not be disputed :-) 

go look at this cyclists youtube channel..he seems to relish in chasing down motorists and telling them off. In my book - while his intentions might be sincere - he is doing it all wrong and widening the gap between cyclists and motorists instead of bridging it.

In the other thread about this video I posted a video where he clearly overacted with one motorist and despite the motorist being civil and calm this cyclist ranted and raved and held up the traffic. 

go look at this cyclists youtube channel..he seems to relish in chasing down motorists and telling them off. In my book - while his intentions might be sincere - he is doing it all wrong and widening the gap between cyclists and motorists instead of bridging it.

In the other thread about this video I posted a video where he clearly overacted with one motorist and despite the motorist being civil and calm this cyclist ranted and raved and held up the traffic. 

Go and look at the other video and the pathetic excuse the motorist came up with, there was NOTHING civil about the motorist "There was a car coming from the front" So what? Why try an excuse when you should have used that pedal in the middle and slowed down. Then pass the cyclist when it is safe.

I also would like to see how many people will "keep calm" when you have almost been killed 3seconds ago.

..how can you tell him what to do and how to do it..? 

He clearly has a many close calls and has had enough. How do you know if he did not try the "lets hug and sing Kumbayaaa" and it did not work so now he does this?

Bwaahahahaaaaa too funny... overreaction from both sides!! did cheer up my morning!!

Please go and ride in traffic for 4 days in a row and see how your point of view will change

I also like being able to tell the drivers RE their actions if they nearly took me out.

I was recently crossing on a heavily used cycle/pedestrian crossing with a red light for traffic when a VW driver comes to a stop and then just flipping accelerates over the crossing missing my front wheel.

Saw the car pull over at a loading only bay, and decided to tell the driver that he/she nearly took me out. Get to the car and I ask the lady (First time I knew the gender of the driver) if she saw me. Her response was "can you see I am distressed and in a hurry and that I am late" ................................ yes, that was her excuse, then she became very vocal and abuse in her language whilst walking down the street. So I did the only thing one could expect, kept my side clean RE language or any abusive comments and kept jibing her :) ...needless to say she came across as less of a lady.

I also like being able to tell the drivers RE their actions if they nearly took me out.

I was recently crossing on a heavily used cycle/pedestrian crossing with a red light for traffic when a VW driver comes to a stop and then just flipping accelerates over the crossing missing my front wheel.

Saw the car pull over at a loading only bay, and decided to tell the driver that he/she nearly took me out. Get to the car and I ask the lady (First time I knew the gender of the driver) if she saw me. Her response was "can you see I am distressed and in a hurry and that I am late" ................................ yes, that was her excuse, then she became very vocal and abuse in her language whilst walking down the street. So I did the only thing one could expect, kept my side clean RE language or any abusive comments and kept jibing her :) ...needless to say she came across as less of a lady.

Funny story....

But her being "less of a lady" does not save the next persons life... :-(

Go and look at the other video and the pathetic excuse the motorist came up with, there was NOTHING civil about the motorist "There was a car coming from the front" So what? Why try an excuse when you should have used that pedal in the middle and slowed down. Then pass the cyclist when it is safe.

I also would like to see how many people will "keep calm" when you have almost been killed 3seconds ago.

..how can you tell him what to do and how to do it..? 

He clearly has a many close calls and has had enough. How do you know if he did not try the "lets hug and sing Kumbayaaa" and it did not work so now he does this?

sorry I disagree with you - in an ideal world you are correct...but..we not in an ideal world.. that cyclist drives aggressively and not defensively - and then gets uptight when a motorist does something wrong - which all motorists do - so instead of anticipating they will do something wrong by being defensive he swears and shouts and chases them down.

In my book its the same as driving your car - you can swear and shout and speed up to a car to tell them they did something wrong - you gain absolutely nothing! - or you can breathe - turn up the music a little bit and focus on keeping yourself alive for your families sake

Archived