ScottCM

Good luck guys, I stand in awe knowing that my body would never handle a comrades run.

Good luck and may it go just great on the day.

You could to could join the "body wont handle it" club next year...pull in :thumbup:

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone else see Tim Noakes Prediction table?

According to this is should be able to get a 8:44...which means i will have to work for the elusive 8:30. It got my last year down pretty close (prediction of 9:01 vs 8:58 actual)..although this year I have done more interval training

interesting to hear where it predicts everyone else - and then compare to what happens on the day!

Tim_noakes-prediction_table.zip

anyone else see Tim Noakes Prediction table?

According to this is should be able to get a 8:44...which means i will have to work for the elusive 8:30. It got my last year down pretty close (prediction of 9:01 vs 8:58 actual)..although this year I have done more interval training

interesting to hear where it predicts everyone else - and then compare to what happens on the day!

attachicon.gifTim_noakes-prediction_table.zip

Interesting, there is the Norrie one below too

http://calculator.coachnorrie.co.za/comradescalc_downrun.asp

Both Predict me "Way" faster than I would dream of Chasing

Norrie gives me 6h26 and Noakes around 6h39

7h29.59 is still the only plan...

that one predicts a 9:19 for me  :eek:

I would think if anything the Noakes one would be more accurate

At least that takes into account your Speed all the way from 8km to a Marathon and the Mileage you will be putting in for the 5 months pre race..

If I use the Noakes one based on my 2015 Pbs and Mileage it would have given me a 8.02 and I ran 8.03... so pretty dam close

And 2013 it would have given me 8h41 and I did 8h46

Not sure if this table is the same though based on the Up or Down run? looks to be just any 90km race.

I would think if anything the Noakes one would be more accurate

At least that takes into account your Speed all the way from 8km to a Marathon and the Mileage you will be putting in for the 5 months pre race..

If I use the Noakes one based on my 2015 Pbs and Mileage it would have given me a 8.02 and I ran 8.03... so pretty dam close

And 2013 it would have given me 8h41 and I did 8h46

Not sure if this table is the same though based on the Up or Down run? looks to be just any 90km race.

good point..although some say there is no difference between the up and the down..and some say the down is faster..the reocrd for the down is 4 minutes faster than the up record

Hey guys, hope all your training is going to plan, flu keeping its distance and that the niggles are gone (Stretch).

How is everyone's shape looking 32days out?

all back on track...have had good physio sessions and calf pretty much back to normal. Did a nice slow 38 on the weekend and all held out fine. Going to do the same tomorrow.  Just dealing with tired legs and tired body now....but after tomorrow's run I am going to start a very gradual taper. the plan is:

This week: 90

Next week: 75

Week after: 65

Week after: 50

week after: 89.3...or whatever it is!

Hey guys, with 25 days left I take it everyone is starting to taper now. Congratulations on each and everyone of you for getting this far.

So why not share your thoughts on how your training went over the past 9+ months to get you here and what concerns you all have come race day.

Getting the itch now.

Been out of the running shoes the last week with flu but rather now than 3 weeks from now.

Just want to get it over with so I can start the taper - will also make me feel better to get some tar under the trainers.

Getting close now boys!

Seems like I will line up with just about 1200km on the legs - hoping they will be fresh and eager on the day.

See you boys at the beach!

True to form I ran a 21km yesterday without even the slightest hint of any issues  :lol: 

Good luck with the taper guys, stay healthy and don't do anything silly!

Hard works done  :thumbup:

last year i did a 10:30 comrades with 800km this year currently sitting on 440km from jan seems crazy but did alot of swimming and cycling too for ironman then i had a horrible back injury that put me out of running for about a month( interestingly it was my running shoe that caused it though it did little mileage and didnt look worn at all but apparently it is). even though the mileage is very little i feel stronger than ever got a 4:33 marathon at ironman for my qualifier and did slowmag 50km two weeks later in 4.53 and felt very good afterwards. il keep running till about the 15th and then start tapering. 

goodluck everyone

min dae mense...

vinny..hows that flu? my mate has been hit big time by it...he's very frustrated

Mackie, Scott, Ferret, Swiss's wife...how's everyone feeling?

min dae mense...

vinny..hows that flu? my mate has been hit big time by it...he's very frustrated

Mackie, Scott, Ferret, Swiss's wife...how's everyone feeling?

Hey Stretch.... the countdown is well and truly on..

To be honest I just cant wait, super excited and just want to get there now..

Also had a few bouts of the Sniffs here and there, but pumping the vitamin c and daily vitamins and Meds as I go to stay on Track..

Hit the 2000km mark YTD Tuesday so still well on track to hit 2150kms by race day, with a nice last 2 weeks taper (probably around 55/25)

Back to the Speed, TTs and intervals this month to get sharp again...  will do my last Hill repeat session tonight, a Decent Tempo RAC 10km Sunday, Track next Tuesday and 1 final 5Km TT next Saturday and we pretty much done..

I see you running some quick session stretch, glad to see you back in full swing..

Good luck to all for this last 17 day push ...