• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i tripped and accidentally entered my CC details in the OMTOM website

an expensive few days - comrades 470, OMTOM - 580, South Coast - 190  :wacko:

that excludes airfare to cape town....

edit - just tried to book those...seems I cant do that yet...

Edited by Stretch

Mine is for two entries.  Standing on R7,900 for entries and accomodation deposits.  Airfare to CT and balance of accomodation to be addded still. :blush:

i tripped and accidentally entered my CC details in the OMTOM website

edit - just tried to book those...seems I cant do that yet...

Same here... minus SC, but add in Argust, Soweto Marathon and Race for Victory.

I'm broke to say the least  :blush:

Sometimes it's healthy to be broke  :thumbup:

Same here... minus SC, but add in Argust, Soweto Marathon and Race for Victory.

I'm broke to say the least  :blush:

Sometimes it's healthy to be broke  :thumbup:

but lets face it...500 bucks each for comrades and OMTOM is an absolute bargain..especially when you comparing it to MTB race and Trail running fees.....

So in just over a day 3200 entries have been sold.

Was reading up on international marathons after Stretch and Ferret's boastful posts  yesterday and see that the Paris marathon has over 40k runners. They sell their entries off in 3 stages and the 1st stage of 21k entries sold in 90min, hectic. 

but lets face it...500 bucks each for comrades and OMTOM is an absolute bargain..especially when you comparing it to MTB race and Trail running fees.....

For sure... running is definitely better value. Largely thanks to clubs who organise most of the races etc

I remember pitching up at my first half marathon, doing a late entry and needing a license - I drew R400 en route(thinking like a cyclist)... was R120 all incl  :thumbup:

For sure... running is definitely better value. Largely thanks to clubs who organise most of the races etc

Not to mention, far safer and far better stocked (Refreshment wise)

Plus, there tends to be more eye candy to distract you from the pain 

So in just over a day 3200 entries have been sold.

Was reading up on international marathons after Stretch and Ferret's boastful posts  yesterday and see that the Paris marathon has over 40k runners. They sell their entries off in 3 stages and the 1st stage of 21k entries sold in 90min, hectic. 

I entered for the 2015 Oceans Half, my first "race". I was in the queue less than 10 mins after the entries opened and when I got to the front of the queue, I got one of the very last entries... Still remember refreshing the counter seeing 15993 entries sold and refused to refresh again, then got in! #TrueStory 

I entered for the 2015 Oceans Half, my first "race". I was in the queue less than 10 mins after the entries opened and when I got to the front of the queue, I got one of the very last entries... Still remember refreshing the counter seeing 15993 entries sold and refused to refresh again, then got in! #TrueStory

That's why it's easier to just enter the ultra

Who has successfully recovered from plantar fasciitis? 

How?

How long did it take?

run your foot over a frozen water bottle daily. I have never had it bad - but always a bit of tightness in the foot. My physio reckons after a run just put you feet in a bucket of ice water

attachicon.gif Untitled.jpg

Ha Ha spot the irony. 

Hehe...didn't even cross my mind

The wife is keen, she has never done TO

Who has successfully recovered from plantar fasciitis? 

How?

How long did it take?

I've had it twice... once so long ago i cannot remember how i got rid of it or how long it took sorri

Suffering a bit with it now again...kind of a stage 1.5 does not stop me running but i can feel it...

As Stretch said, ice after running plus i foam roll my calves and stretch lower legs / Achilles seems to help but not curing it. Currently trying to figure out what is causing it by slowly eliminating various factors (shoes, inserts ect...)