ScottCM

thanks chaps  :thumbup: 

i'll go for the dischem ones to see if it works

on the bio thing, i always thought my legs were strong enough, until the bio made me do one legged squats, MB pickups and one legged balancing acts on the bosu...

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Better circulation = better healing surely?

Injury prevention... beyond giving a bit of support for the muscle and through that actually reducing it's work load, I reckon there is very little effect. If you've got a deficiency/imbalance or actual muscle damage, you're going to get injured with or without them.

PS: My Compression socks are also pretty poked, holes by the big toes. I guess they don't have the 'give' of a sock - I guess that makes sense though. 

yes..so wear them post run..not during run - thats my theory anyway

thanks chaps  :thumbup: 

i'll go for the dischem ones to see if it works

on the bio thing, i always thought my legs were strong enough, until the bio made me do one legged squats, MB pickups and one legged balancing acts on the bosu...

the bio had me near tears on many occasions when i was doing a comprehensive set of sessions with him!

I have the worst luck. I ended up in Hospital with a bad case of Enteritis. Felt like i was dying, which halted my training for about 2 weeks. So while i am in Hospital, i received a email saying that i have won a entry into the Attakwas Extreme Trail run. Just my luck. And i so wanted to do this race. so bed rest for me until i am 100% again. 

I saw that dude..really *** luck. But I recall you were feeling a bit pap before that and weren't sure why..well know you know!

Hope you heal up..and two or three weeks is not gonna make a big difference in your overall goal

yes..so wear them post run..not during run - thats my theory anyway

I have calf socks rather than full socks, also only wear them post run/triathlon event.  Tried running in them once, did not find any benefit and felt more restrictive than anything else.

I saw that dude..really *** luck. But I recall you were feeling a bit pap before that and weren't sure why..well know you know!

Hope you heal up..and two or three weeks is not gonna make a big difference in your overall goal

It does actually makes perfect sense. I am kinda glad I got sick now, and not during the high training months.

I bought a pair of falke compression socks on a special for R150... It is still in the packaging. 

I can't see myself sleeping in it, I was told it helps with recovery after a marathon. 

This is probably the best time of year to be sick/ recover from an injury. Take it easy Lexx, no point training while being sick and prolonging your rest time. 

Roll your PF with a golf ball rather than the ice bottle. Really get it in there, you'll jump trough the roof when you hit the spot. But it works.

Today is the day if you want to buy a watch...

http://www.takealot.com/deals/the-perfect-gift-2

This gets my vote...

http://sport.takealot.com/sport-garmin-forerunner-230-black-white/PLID41469982

It obviously helps that Multiply gives another 20% off..  :thumbup:

Don't know them, but the Suunto's have MASSIVE discount.

http://www.takealot.com/deals/the-perfect-gift-2?sort=BestSelling%20Descending&rows=30&start=0&backend=fbye-snprg-pyvrag&filter=Available:true&filter=Promotions:50998&filter=Brand:%22Suunto%22

Edited by Jackes

Friend of mine ran with an A3 Run until recently - loved his. 

Went the same route and got the Peak on discount, instead of the Spartan.If you're keen on the latest, then you will always have a problem. My big thing was battery life. And apparently the Spartan firmware is still so buggy that they are PO'ing people at a rapid rate of knots. Pretty sure it will be sorted soon, though. But for what you need - you're not going to beat that price on that A3 Run! And the hardware is really very good - or seems that way to me, at least. GPS acquisition is constantly faster than anything else I've had.

Peak just received a very nice FW upgrade recently which added some nice stuff, some of which I'm only realising at this stage. So it's not as if development on the older models have seized.

Must admit, switch to Suunto was a bit weird - a lot of things have to be done via the App or website. (You simply can't do it on the watch itself - weird...) And they do have a lot of extra stats over what my previous forerunner had. Also the interface (both web and app) is not quite as nice as Garmin. But that is constantly being developed - on both Garmin and Suunto side. 

Friend of mine ran with an A3 Run until recently - loved his. 

Went the same route and got the Peak on discount, instead of the Spartan.If you're keen on the latest, then you will always have a problem. My big thing was battery life. And apparently the Spartan firmware is still so buggy that they are PO'ing people at a rapid rate of knots. Pretty sure it will be sorted soon, though. But for what you need - you're not going to beat that price on that A3 Run! And the hardware is really very good - or seems that way to me, at least. GPS acquisition is constantly faster than anything else I've had.

Peak just received a very nice FW upgrade recently which added some nice stuff, some of which I'm only realising at this stage. So it's not as if development on the older models have seized.

Must admit, switch to Suunto was a bit weird - a lot of things have to be done via the App or website. (You simply can't do it on the watch itself - weird...) And they do have a lot of extra stats over what my previous forerunner had. Also the interface (both web and app) is not quite as nice as Garmin. But that is constantly being developed - on both Garmin and Suunto side. 

I bought a Fenix 3 to replace my A3 Peak and I've actually decided I like the look and fit of the Suunto more, so I'm actually gonna sell the brand new Fenix. It might have been a different story if I'd managed to get the Sapphire Fenix, but I just can't justify another R2k getting thrown at a watch when my Suunto is actually pretty much perfect. It fits like a dream, works seamlessly and is frankly more watch than I will ever need...

(If you're reading this and thinking "what an ass" don't worry, I agree with you - crikey I can be indecisive!)

Those Takealot specials on the Suunto are great, even that ForeRunner  :thumbup:

Just keep an eye on the battery life on the lower level Run and Sport Suunto's - I am not sure they are up for Comrades/Ironman if that was the long term goal. That Black Peak is a brilliant piece of kit. The others too of course if you're note requiring the 10hr plus GPS battery.

Really interested in that Suunto run

I have a Suunto Aambit 3, awesome watch, and the battery life will def last more than 14h. I only maybe charge mine once a week.