ScottCM

I see it is S5. Will chat to my Doc next time I see her. One of my Ironman friends uses Gaba. I bought it over the weekend and will give it a try tonight. Generally, I am a light sleeper and I struggle to fall asleep.. Especially if I didn't train on the day. 

Our doctor prescribed us Stilnox, which we tried the two evenings before OMTOM and it worked perfectly.  Will be using it again this Friday and Saturday night.

I have enough odds against me, no need for a night without sleep and waiting for the alarm to go off as well...

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our doctor prescribed us Stilnox, which we tried the two evenings before OMTOM and it worked perfectly. Will be using it again this Friday and Saturday night.

I have enough odds against me, no need for a night without sleep and waiting for the alarm to go off as well...

Sleep the night before the night before is always the most important

A lot of people employ a run walk strategy , who is doing that this year and what does it look like?

the only people that dont walk...run silvers or better...and even silver runners walk occasionally

My plan is to push my first walk halfway up cowies...then do a lampost to lampost alternation up fields...same for botha's....little walk by alverstone...hurtle down to drummond with a brief pause at arthur's...walk 50% of inchange at least...hurtle down to the flats..little walk up the hill before where the two roads meet...hurtle down to cato ridge.......from then on its pretty much a walk most of the hills (will try and run more of them than i did in 2015....but lets wait and see)

simple ne?

I read somewhere to try and run 200 steps and walk a 100... I know counting goes out the window in the second half of the race. I will also do the lamppost drill.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I read somewhere to try and run 200 steps and walk a 100... I know counting goes out the window in the second half of the race. I will also do the lamppost drill.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Counting helps with the pain. For me at least. Distracts my brain for a little while... 

the only people that dont walk...run silvers or better...and even silver runners walk occasionally

My plan is to push my first walk halfway up cowies...then do a lampost to lampost alternation up fields...same for botha's....little walk by alverstone...hurtle down to drummond with a brief pause at arthur's...walk 50% of inchange at least...hurtle down to the flats..little walk up the hill before where the two roads meet...hurtle down to cato ridge.......from then on its pretty much a walk most of the hills (will try and run more of them than i did in 2015....but lets wait and see)

simple ne?

I've got a similar plan... will walk the seriously steep stuff, run walk the easier inclines, try run as much as possible of the rest. Pace will be at fastest 6:15's but generally slower to try keep the legs running as far as possible into the race. Only main time goal is halfway in around 5/5:15

Seen a few not so nice looking weather reports... going to ignore them for now  :ph34r:

Makes me think of the last bit of Oceans. I ran past these two ladies at the start of... that climb out of Hout Bay - Constantia Neck? Anyways, they were trying to figure out exactly this and I chirped them "It's easy, just three parkruns remaining!" One nearly collapsed with laughter and the other one chirped back that she forgot her bar code at home! 

Good times! 

All the best for these last couple of days! Stay healthy, travel safely - and enjoy it!

I am aware of people who ran the 2 oceans ultra and went off route to do a nearby parkrun, then back on route to complete the ultra...

Stretch... Considering it was -1 degrees in my way to work this morning, it's kinda weird packing summer clothes now. I presume we can focus on shorts and tshirts and no need to pack winter clothes?

Stretch... Considering it was -1 degrees in my way to work this morning, it's kinda weird packing summer clothes now. I presume we can focus on shorts and tshirts and no need to pack winter clothes?

Pmb you will need winter warmth...durban less so..I would still pack some pant and a warm jacket...but by the look of things it is going to be warmish and all the snow on the berg would have melted

For the start..you will just need an old t-shirt or long sleeve that you can throw away in case there is a bit of a nip early..but in 2015 I needed nothing..bring one in case

Been here in Durbs since yesterday. Having a lkr run this morning on the beachfront,but sadly no surfer tjerries ha ha ha. I forgot how much walking is done at Ushaka. Since the family wants to visit the aquarium I could not say no. But I told them I wont be doing that much walking again before the C. The weather looks pretty good sofar. Hope it stays like this.

To add to the above quote:

We can climb out of hell.
One inch at a time.

You know where that comes from... 

Best wishes Comrades runners. May your legs stay strong and your mind carry you to the end. Will be supporting you all to the end.

Let us know your race numbers so we can track you.

Come back on Monday with the war stories please