ScottCM

So Andrew, next year you only planning on doing 300km of training and smashing a BR?

Rule # 2 of the training bible:

Never believe your training “buddies” when it comes to how much training they say they are doing / done

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While the Comrades hype is still in the air... Which option are you leaning towards at the moment:

1. I am never ever putting myself thru that pain again

2. I am going to train very hard for next year it is going to be so much easier, even if it is an up run.

It's crazy how quickly we forget...

My wife, absolutely 100% adamant it was up/down, finish and klaar... she's already talking about next year  :lol: 

I am definitely going with option 2 though

Still, this guy gets the award for the strongest kick at the end of an ultra. 3rd fastest and 19th fastest person through Mayville and the finish. Hmmm…

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-06-13 at 10.24.22.png

Expand a bit more? Is this an official finisher? If so this person cheated for sure

I have been thinking hard about it and I am also leaning towards option 2.

If I can finish Comrades with a serious pain in my butt, imagine how Comrades would feel being 100% healthy (and fit)

While the Comrades hype is still in the air... Which option are you leaning towards at the moment:

2. I am going to train very hard for next year it is going to be so much easier, even if it is an up run.

To be honest...I don't see myself doing another one. I didn't have nearly as much FOMO as I anticipated this year... But..... Never say never

To be honest...I don't see myself doing another one. I didn't have nearly as much FOMO as I anticipated this year... But..... Never say never

100th is coming up pretty soon  ;) 

Swiss will be joining us too  :thumbup:

In sympathy with you I've decided I won't do Comrades then either.

But....... I'm turning 40 in a month's time. So I'm due for a midlife crisis.

3. Doing my first one!

I see the date is the 9th of June 2019

I want to book accommodation as close as possible to the start. Suggestions please?

Edited by GSNieP

3. Doing my first one!

I see the date is the 9th of July 2019

I want to book accommodation as close as possible to the start. Suggestions please?

Hilton is about the closest. 

100th is coming up pretty soon ;)

Swiss will be joining us too :thumbup:

Jaaaaa never say never

I swear my knee has been sore since Sunday just watching on the telly

3. Doing my first one!

I see the date is the 9th of July 2019

9 July??

Better double check before you book

9 July??

Better double check before you book

9 June 2019, sorry. Fixed it Edited by GSNieP

In sympathy with you I've decided I won't do Comrades then either.

But....... I'm turning 40 in a month's time. So I'm due for a midlife crisis.

I did my first at 40...

I retract this slightly..in 2 years times my one mate will be running his 20th and another two will be doing their 10th... Seems like a fitting year to run in solidarity with them... It will also give me opportunity to take some revenge on the down run