ScottCM

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jigghead, I'm also still in the starting blocks... there is time still, but yeah, no errors from here on in for us  :thumbup:

Excellent!!  :thumbup:

If you open to suggestions go see Mike at SBR Sport in Sunninghill

He is a Kinesiologist

http://www.sbrsport.co.za/

He does a Runners Leg assessment where he will Put you on treadmill and video you and tell you where all the problems lie and what shoes you should be in.. check out his Facebook page for references on the assessment.

He will however probably tell you to ditch the Orthotics

90% of the pains we get are referred Pains from completely different places.

ie I'm having major Achilles and calf issues which is coming from the stiffness in my Back and Glutes..

He also does Myofascial Release and Needles where necessary..

What he said.  Go to Mike - ditch the orthotics (from someone who definitely does need correction and support)...

Mike will put you in the correct shoes, and advise if you need to strengthen certain muscles etc

Edited by dracs

Kearsney Striders Half Marathon on Sunday. Was a real bastard..hot and hilly. 500m of climbing....mainly in the last 3 km's.....was 1 minute slower and about 10 times more stuffed than last year...blaming it on the heat...although in reality, I might have gone out a bit hard in the beginning too. Snuck in in 1:43

who's doing the Johnson Crane this weekend?  I am crapping myself slightly - training has been poor throughout Jan.  Done a few half marathons on weekends as my long runs and battling with niggles, taking 2/3 days to recover etc. 

Just hoping to get anything under 5 on Sunday so I have my Oceans qualifier in the bag...  then will re-assess way forward.

who's doing the Johnson Crane this weekend?  I am crapping myself slightly - training has been poor throughout Jan.  Done a few half marathons on weekends as my long runs and battling with niggles, taking 2/3 days to recover etc. 

Just hoping to get anything under 5 on Sunday so I have my Oceans qualifier in the bag...  then will re-assess way forward.

Yep, ill be doing the Marathon, but just as a Long training run and not a race

Luckily I have already qualified last Year so don't have to stress anymore about seeding's.

Good Luck

Kearsney Striders Half Marathon on Sunday. Was a real bastard..hot and hilly. 500m of climbing....mainly in the last 3 km's.....was 1 minute slower and about 10 times more stuffed than last year...blaming it on the heat...although in reality, I might have gone out a bit hard in the beginning too. Snuck in in 1:43

check Sports photography by Kaz on facebook for photos - you look tired!

I'm going to run the half. It will be my first since 2014 I think. Last time was the Pirates Over The Mountain, which was a 1:48. I've made a deal with myself that if I go under 1:40 I'll commit to Comrades. I think a 1:45 is more likely though. We'll see.

Good luck with the full marathon.

check Sports photography by Kaz on facebook for photos - you look tired!

the fact that I have been down with flu since wednesday might have had an impact!! or the fact that I was trying to keep up with little bombshell in front of me  :whistling:

Edited by Stretch

How did it go? I did the half, was actually a really nice race.

so how did everyone do on the weekend at JC..my mate did a PB - just snuck in for that B batch seeding.

As for me - I have been man down since Wednesday and does not look like getting better. Flu turned into full blown tonsillitis...on antibiotics..but it looks like I am going to have to give the Hillcrest marathon a skip on the 14th and work towards maritzburg at the end of Feb. Hoping it starts clearing up today/tonight cos it is driving me mad

so how did everyone do on the weekend at JC..my mate did a PB - just snuck in for that B batch seeding.

As for me - I have been man down since Wednesday and does not look like getting better. Flu turned into full blown tonsillitis...on antibiotics..but it looks like I am going to have to give the Hillcrest marathon a skip on the 14th and work towards maritzburg at the end of Feb. Hoping it starts clearing up today/tonight cos it is driving me mad

Sorry to hear you haven't been well, if there is any Upside at least its in January and not March/April.

JC was great, new course is super fast and well organised as always.

We must have seen your mate, we ran a chilled 3h18.36 in a RAC bus, picking up plenty of guys in the last 5kms and running them through to their B seeding's...

I'm going to run the half. It will be my first since 2014 I think. Last time was the Pirates Over The Mountain, which was a 1:48. I've made a deal with myself that if I go under 1:40 I'll commit to Comrades. I think a 1:45 is more likely though. We'll see.

Good luck with the full marathon.

and?

Sorry to hear you haven't been well, if there is any Upside at least its in January and not March/April.

We must have seen your mate, we ran a chilled 3h18.36 in a RAC bus, picking up plenty of guys in the last 5kms and running them through to their B seeding's...

yip - get the annual sickness out the way early..frustrating as hell though

mate had to sprint in to make the sub 3:20...something like 3:19:50...love the way you casually say a "chilled" 3:18 lol...i would be sucking air big time for that!

Geez, that's a great time! Nice work.