ScottCM

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it enables you to avoid injury.......I had a small calf strain this year and spent that on physiotherapy.... Just saying....

Going for silver lexx?!!

Edited by Stretch

Well, I am using that Comrades program. And I hate the Up run... I am more of a down-run guy. But I feel actually strong. So I really hope so. But comrades Is a funny race. you can feel good now, and the next moment you hit that wall hard..

So my training is building up slowly at the moment. Hoping to be at 30-32km marker by the end of this week (Total for the week) so i can start the Asics sub 4 hour plan a week or 2 late but should still be able to achieve my goal hopefully. Had a look at the Sub 4:30 but would rather aim and push myself for sub 4 at Soweto and fail, than come home comfortably and feel i could have pushed harder for my qualifier. Next years races before comrades are for that. 

As for my running at the moment, i am in a really good place right now. My speed has increase to the extent that my pace has dropped by a min for the same and even slightly lower Hr output. 

For those whom have stated again, hope your training is going well.

Running is going pretty good, will start a Gym Program next month. Just my Cycling friends keep on nagging me to stop running and rather cycle with them. I must say, Being the only one in town that is training for Comrades is kinda lonely, but I like it that way.

Heard yesterday about a new 42,21 and 10km in Swaziland that King Mswati is organising. Would love to do it. You start at the National stadium and ran to Mbabane Stadium which is about 42km away.

But 2 week after this Swazi Race, is the Uitsoek Skyrun just Outside Nels. And that is one race I def want to do. 2100m Climbing in 38km. :eek:

I need some advice on a goal marathon time. I have entered the Cape Town Marathon, which will be my first stand alone marathon. The ultimate goal is the 2 Oceans and maybe Comrades, depending on how the training progresses. I have been doing triathlon for the past 6 years (sprint, olympic, half and full). I am finding it difficult to decide on a realistic goal time and therefore the pacing for my training program. Current times for 21k: 1:40 and Ironman 42.2k: 4:30. I currently run 4 times a week and also do some bike/swim sessions. Runs include easy, threshold, interval and LSD's.

According to the race prediction time calculators on the web my goal time would be +-3:35, which in my mind seems optimistic, which would mean that I would run about an hour faster than my IM marathon time. I have heard a lot of stories of people underestimating their first marathon and ending up with a horrible first experience.

got a friend coming from the uk...so can potentially get a brand new 230 for 3500 or an ambit sport for 4000...tending towards the 230 for garminic familiarity

Apple piece of donkey bollocks Watch...

Been eyeing the 920XT - good deal on at Due South http://www.duesouth.co.za/pdp/garmin-forerunner-920-xt-bundle/_/A-194272AAAE0

But hiding my credit card from myself  :blush:

ja...myself...my crappy little forerunner 15 does the job up until about 50km.......but at R3500 for the FR230...i really should just grab my balls and buy it...but my gaelic blood.........CONVINCE me people!

ja...myself...my crappy little forerunner 15 does the job up until about 50km.......but at R3500 for the FR230...i really should just grab my balls and buy it...but my gaelic blood.........CONVINCE me people!

I'm also on the trusty 15 for now, but that won't cut it for (Omtom and) Comrades.

There is the partypoopers that keeps on reminding me a stopwatch is all you need for the one or two longest occations, but I'm really itching to treat myself to a FR230 @ R3,180.   :whistling:

I'm also on the trusty 15 for now, but that won't cut it for (Omtom and) Comrades.

There is the partypoopers that keeps on reminding me a stopwatch is all you need for the one or two longest occations, but I'm really itching to treat myself to a FR230 @ R3,180.   :whistling:

where can you get that?