ScottCM

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Battling with glute pain at the moment. As soon as I try push it I can feel the pain. I have a half on the 1st December.. Might just take it easy.. And in the interim do some itb and glute stretches and strengthening

So The Isavel Roche-Kelly medal which replaces the womens Silver is made of  ½ Silver/ ½ Gold, wonder if the women targeting Silver will still complain now that half is replaced with Gold?

Anyone know what time the Two Oceans entries open today?

It's usually at 10...?

@ronniek - Winelands is not the friendliest marathon in the cape, but it remains a special one! So easy to go out too fast on that first flat section, get bitten on the way back - Annandale drag and that last 10, as you say, tend to be real wake-up calls. 

It's usually at 10...?

@ronniek - Winelands is not the friendliest marathon in the cape, but it remains a special one! So easy to go out too fast on that first flat section, get bitten on the way back - Annandale drag and that last 10, as you say, tend to be real wake-up calls.

Seabee of all the marathons I missed out on since my injury I miss Winelands the most. I prefer it to Cape Town Marathon and have always run better times there than CT. Always funny how quiet everyone becomes once they hit the gravel [emoji23]

I've now not done it for the last two years. Last year it coincided with Mont Marie (trail run) and this year I had gastro since Thursday. That gravel - and it's hot by then... with that little climb into the gravel section. Fun times! 

I'm reverse - I have not run a good time on Winelands on the two occasions I did do it. 2015 it was my first ever marathon and 2016 I ran with a very buggered foot, so to be excused. Wanted to "take revenge" this year, but it was not to be. 

Whaaaaat?!  :eek: That's an interesting move. On leave, so will miss it this year - always a nice one!

Got my application submitted, it was painfully slow... and now the payments only open at 12... wtf

Not part of the opening rush, so maybe that worked for me! Had to refresh couple of times, entered... and paid.