ScottCM

Does anyone here run in Hoka Speedgoat??  Im so annoyed, my Speedgoats are already tearing at 260km! The supplier says, "oh thats a common problem and they hope they have fixed it with the Torrents".....infuriating. R2000 is a heap of money to pay for shoes that in all likelihood wont survive past 500km.  My Asics Trabuco cost me a fraction of that and have done over 1300km and not a tear on them!

My brother had the same happen after 250km - the shop swapped them for a new pair that he's put hundred of k's on with no problems.

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the max distance anyone here has done during a single treadmill session?

8Km... was a recovery pace test. Run as fast as you can without exceeding the zone 1 upper limit. Ended up at 6:40 something as my recovery pace.

I tried doing a treadmill long run during the winter. I stopped at 8km.Running is supposed to be fun, and its more fun running at 4 in the morning, freezing your balls off than running treadmill.

I never could run on a treadmill. Besides in winter you only feel the cold for the first kilometer. If the temperature is double digits I only wear a t-shirt and shorts. If it’s single digits i wear a long sleeved running short and maybe running tights as well.

I never could run on a treadmill. Besides in winter you only feel the cold for the first kilometer. If the temperature is double digits I only wear a t-shirt and shorts. If it’s single digits i wear a long sleeved running short and maybe running tights as well.

Yeah, but here in Belgium, we'll soon be having max temps of a degree or two, with sunset around 4/5 and sunrise around 9. So, running in the dark at freezing temps is a moerse challenge in itself. 

Yeah, but here in Belgium, we'll soon be having max temps of a degree or two, with sunset around 4/5 and sunrise around 9. So, running in the dark at freezing temps is a moerse challenge in itself.

That’s a challenge we thankfully don’t have to deal with. Spent two weeks in a Paris winter and after the first attempt at running in that cold I gave up on that idea. No amount of layering could keep that cold out.

#OMTOM2019 ULTRA UPDATE – We’ve been overwhelmed by the sea swell of support from the scores of runners wanting to participate in our milestone 50th 2019 Ultra Marathon. Unprecedented pressure on our server load meant that the maximum entry allocation was exceeded in under six hours. To alleviate the mass disappointment experienced by the many who could not enter, we are happy to announce that #OMTOM2019 Ultra applications will OPEN for FOUR days, starting tomorrow, 15 November at 9am. You have until Sunday, 18 November at midnight to submit an application.

As this is an application and not an entry, you do not need to make payment. Consequently, you will not be able to select a payment method. While we’ll do our utmost to accommodate every runner who applies, the final entry numbers are ultimately subject to confirmation from all relevant stakeholders, with whom we are currently engaging.

We are also cognisant of the fact that due to the record-breaking entry load yesterday, many of our regular participants were unable to secure their entry in #OMTOM2019 Ultra due to reasons relating to time constraints, circumstances and more. To this end, all running clubs will be notified of this #OMTOM2019 Ultra application window so as to reach all runners who may have missed yesterday’s entry opportunity.

Thank you for your understanding and your staggering support.

Does anyone here run in Hoka Speedgoat?? Im so annoyed, my Speedgoats are already tearing at 260km! The supplier says, "oh thats a common problem and they hope they have fixed it with the Torrents".....infuriating. R2000 is a heap of money to pay for shoes that in all likelihood wont survive past 500km. My Asics Trabuco cost me a fraction of that and have done over 1300km and not a tear on them!

I've done about 300 km on mine and they look pretty good still, they dont qet much use anymore though as I swapped to the speed instinct.

I watch dvd's on a portable dvd player when i run on our treadmill, it fits nicely on the console and if you tuck the earphone cable under the front of your shirt it does not get in the way

Does anyone here run in Hoka Speedgoat?? Im so annoyed, my Speedgoats are already tearing at 260km! The supplier says, "oh thats a common problem and they hope they have fixed it with the Torrents".....infuriating. R2000 is a heap of money to pay for shoes that in all likelihood wont survive past 500km. My Asics Trabuco cost me a fraction of that and have done over 1300km and not a tear on them!

There was issues with the Speedgoat1 upper being too hot and not breathable. So on the 2nd generation they made it not durable enough. Hopefully they will find the middle ground on the next release.

They've had some durability issues on road shoes as well. The first few Cliftons had issues with the soles collapsing and just feeling dead after a few 100km. I have the Clifton 4 now. After 250km the soles feel fine, but are starting to get ripped apart by the road. I don't see them lasting close to 500km.

Good luck Barry and anyone else here doing Skyrun this weekend!

I hope the stone-throwing doesn't get in the way. At least you'll be trailblazing a new route!

Good luck to all doing Skyrun and to all the runners dusting off their bikes for the 94.7 scorcher on Sunday! Going for my 11th one (and this time definitely my last one)

Had an interesting chat with a work colleague that runs close to 4:00/Km for a 21.1Km compared to my 5:40/Km.

She’s a novice cyclist and will be doing 947 for the first time, compared to my better cycling pedigree.

Both our rides will be converted back to min/Km and then added together to get a combined race time.

I’m curious to see who is quicker.

If she does 4:40 or quicker, then I have to do a 2:39, which is doable for me given my lack of specific training.

I have some serious competition here... let’s see what Sunday brings.

Are you referring to doing the 94.7 CC and then the RAC tuff one next week ?

No, based on previous best for running and actual time for 947.