ScottCM

Had an interesting chat with a work colleague that runs close to 4:00/Km for a 21.1Km compared to my 5:40/Km.

She’s a novice cyclist and will be doing 947 for the first time, compared to my better cycling pedigree.

Both our rides will be converted back to min/Km and then added together to get a combined race time.

I’m curious to see who is quicker.

Depending on how well she is able to ride in a bunch and preserve energy without getting carried away I suspect you have a big challenge. I suspect she will be well under 4h40 (depending on tactical abilities of course). Running at about 4min/km for a 21km is rapid so the speed is there it's just a matter of slowing it down effort wise for a longer period.

I have done my quickest Amashova of 2h43 off a purely running build up. It's far easier moving from running to cycling.

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending on how well she is able to ride in a bunch and preserve energy without getting carried away I suspect you have a big challenge. I suspect she will be well under 4h40 (depending on tactical abilities of course). Running at about 4min/km for a 21km is rapid so the speed is there it's just a matter of slowing it down effort wise for a longer period.

I have done my quickest Amashova of 2h43 off a purely running build up. It's far easier moving from running to cycling.

No bunch riding for her, which means an advantage for me, and she’s on a MTB.

Finished my second ever marathon yesterday. Was way undertrained but felt better than the previous. Finished in 4:07 but could have broken the three if Insocial less at the water tables but a fun day out none the less. Mens winner was in at 2:20.19. Crazy.

Jaws do you run with Craig Hammer and the crew?

No I wish. I run with a group in Jukskei Park. Those guys are way out of my league

I don't even stay in the area anymore but still drive there everyday for the run.

Neil usually joins our group when he wants to do a slow run.