ScottCM

• Replies 18k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Jewbacca 

How are the nerves holding up for Saturday's 100miler?

hahaha I was absolutely fine till I read that!

My general feeling towards these things is that thinking about them too much wastes energy. I had a great night sleep last night, am hydrating, there are rad waves I can hack around in on my longboard today to keep the body moving, so all in all I think good!

I'm packed, gxp file is on the watch, so all set!

Hopefully the feet and the quads hold out for 160 odd km!

My general feeling towards these things is that thinking about them too much wastes energy. I had a great night sleep last night, am hydrating, there are rad waves I can hack around in on my longboard today to keep the body moving, so all in all I think good!

Good luck, man. Looking forward to your post-race report.

My mate has just completed the ultra tail Australia. 100km... 15 hours! Good training run for comrades[emoji23]

My mate has just completed the ultra tail Australia. 100km... 15 hours! Good training run for comrades[emoji23]

UTA 100?

I have a couple of friends who ran that as training for Expedition Africa. It looks like an amazing race!

Good luck, man. Looking forward to your post-race report.

Thank you!

I firmly believe you race as well as you train, so hopefully I have managed to get that balance right. If the wheels fall off I should be able to re calibrate and limp home in under 45 hours.... a 46 hour cut off is somewhat generous! 

Wow enjoy it . Bucket list item right there

Comrades shirts are in gents..092c1c151725cfc42af3f815e2bd2d5c.jpg

Pretty cool.

Now someone must just teach me how to pronounce that