ScottCM

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great response by cuan. I reckon Bruce might have a few words on this...I might follow that set of tweets in the next few days

Edit: rookie twitter user... He didn't tag jim

Edited by Stretch

34000 runners, that's alot of people. Also dont think that many will pitch up. They will prob enter, but as soon as the training starts getting serious, most of them will drop out.

Registration date for the diary. @cblake I recall you were interestedc6a7a1dabe3af98fdedc7cc2db06d2e9.jpg

That "5 minute faster qualification standard" has thrown a spanner in the works

That "5 minute faster qualification standard" has thrown a spanner in the works

My age category went back to what it was originally thankfully. I'm a solid 8:30 ahead of the time...I hope that's enough

Great response by cuan. I reckon Bruce might have a few words on this...I might follow that set of tweets in the next few days

Edit: rookie twitter user... He didn't tag jim

Also saw that, someone needs to help him

Sheesh, I couldn't make up my mind what I thought of this cocky Jim character, but he is making it easier to decide as time goes by.

https://twitter.com/runwithcuan/status/1128905231037865984

Half of the comrades records are held by people representing a country that was banned from winter olympics, and banned from track and field by the IAAF. He can be skeptical if he wants to surely?

They have also changed comrades route so records don't count. 

Half of the comrades records are held by people representing a country that was banned from winter olympics, and banned from track and field by the IAAF. He can be skeptical if he wants to surely?

They have also changed comrades route so records don't count.

Would someone say the same of track and field then? When there are records held by people of the same country

Would someone say the same of track and field then? When there are records held by people of the same country

JW isn't going to win any friends here locally like that.

Cuan might have been a little quick on that response. No Doubt the Down record is very impressive and more than likely legit. The rest of the records men and women are worth a second look. Also the list of winners over the last 25 years ('94) is fairly sketchy and before this who knows what the testing was like. So it a fair comment from JW, I wouldn't refer to is as cocky. This outside of the route changes etc.

Again, I'm a skeptic.

JW isn't going to win any friends here locally like that.

Cuan might have been a little quick on that response. No Doubt the Down record is very impressive and more than likely legit. The rest of the records men and women are worth a second look. Also the list of winners over the last 25 years ('94) is fairly sketchy and before this who knows what the testing was like. So it a fair comment from JW, I wouldn't refer to is as cocky. This outside of the route changes etc.

Again, I'm a skeptic.

Not denying that there are dodgy results in that period. His approach though leads a lot to be desired... He's gonna get backlash

Its not all doom and gloom. In 2021 I will be running under the "V" Category. Showing off the nice big 40 on my chest. I will then have more legit excuses if I run badly," I'm a Veteran" :ph34r:  :whistling:   :thumbup:  

Not denying that there are dodgy results in that period. His approach though leads a lot to be desired... He's gonna get backlash

And that is what JW is pointing out. He made a fair and honest comment that wasn't filtered, he shouldn't receive any backlash for that (he probably will) and Cuan was a little hasty in his response.