Which Anthem should I buy?

MarickH

Personally I dig the Black and green, I think it looks awesome... but not as nice as mine :P :

post-12443-0-37116300-1440586911_thumb.jpg

Mine's the 27.5, I'm quite short and I enjoy riding more single track/technical stuff. Love my Anthem.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I dig the Black and green, I think it looks awesome... but not as nice as mine :P :

attachicon.gifIMAG0034.jpg

Mine's the 27.5, I'm quite short and I enjoy riding more single track/technical stuff. Love my Anthem.

Ha ha .. i can see this post quickly turning into a show your giant post, 

What size wheel won cross country world cup overall?

PS: I know the answer. It's a rhetorical question.

What size wheels dominate marathon?

Same PS as above [emoji16]

Iv ridden both a lot and IMHO 27.5 ds for cross country and 29er ht for marathon.

Colour is the most important thing! Other than part specs, and the frame... which is basically the whole bike. So yes it's definitely the most important thing.

Buy it on condition they do you a rebuild after you get bogus or someone to respray it :)

Had this exact dilemma earlier in the year when I wrote off my XTC.

Rode both... and in my opinion there is not a big gap between the 650b and the 29er. Went with the 29er because I already had a garage full of tyres and spares etc....

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE BIKE!!!!

I personally like the Irish one...

Guest notmyname

neither... get a trance

Yeah I'll agree with this. 27.5 trance with a pike.

More to the OP's question.

You'll be happier on a bike that lends itself to your riding style.

The red Anthem X1 does have the new 11 speed drive train, BUT it's a 1x11 setup.

In my Opinion 1xWhatever caters for riders that can/like riding high cadence typically on twisty, fast, up and down terrain. The 650b (27.5) wheel size also caters to riders looking for a more responsive ride.

If you however are looking for a bike slightly more suited to comfort and longer distances that will roll over bumps (rather than you riding around them) then the 29er will make your smile last longer.

There are a lot of opinions out there regarding gearing setups and which wheel sizes and the only solid advice is to test ride your options and pick the one you like riding.

Not sure about 650B personally, but if I had to choose I would take the 650B with the M8000 XT components, because it looks AMAZING and I'm sure the ride quality is exceptional.

Best to test both if possible, but the 650B would be my choice. Better still if you can get a 29er with the same spec. 

1x Convert and will never go back :thumbup:

bullet 77...clever boy...secured my lid with velcro...why didnt i think to turn the tool bottle upside down.

Hehe, I learnt this from a hubber who posted a pic also. So simple, so far so good, no more lost tools etc. 

I personally quite like the black and green, think its pretty bad ass.

The 27.5 is what I would go with due to the spec: kashima coating and shimanos 1x11 would close the deal, so neat and more than enough gears.

The colour is also nice although alot of red going on:).

Archived