Cyclists attacked with sjambok

Rocket-Boy

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like cyclists aren't liked to much after reading those comments.

What I thought as well. Most people that I speak to that are not cyclists hate us on the road. 

Wow. the comments section on that IOL are so offensive. I think I'm going to stop reading. Funny the sense of entitlement motorists have and the audacity to declare that they put their lives in danger when passing cyclists. Its hilarious. As a mountain biker this just reminds me why I stay off the roads but as an occasional commuter its deeply concerning. Makes you suspicious of anyone behind a steering wheel.

What I thought as well. Most people that I speak to that are not cyclists hate us on the road. 

I had a full on argument at a braai with my father in law when he started going on about cyclists having no right to be on the roads. It got heated. I am normally very easy going but the attitude towards cyclists is unwarranted in my opinion. I haven't been held up by cyclists riding abreast in years. I can't even remember the last time. The sense of entitlement is astonishing.

Wow. the comments section on that IOL are so offensive. I think I'm going to stop reading. Funny the sense of entitlement motorists have and the audacity to declare that they put their lives in danger when passing cyclists. Its hilarious. As a mountain biker this just reminds me why I stay off the roads but as an occasional commuter its deeply concerning. Makes you suspicious of anyone behind a steering wheel.

there is another thread about this check it out,,,,,,news 24, reading this crap is just fuelling the hate

I had a full on argument at a braai with my father in law when he started going on about cyclists having no right to be on the roads. It got heated. I am normally very easy going but the attitude towards cyclists is unwarranted in my opinion. I haven't been held up by cyclists riding abreast in years. I can't even remember the last time. The sense of entitlement is astonishing.

I can imagine that I would get pretty upset about it too.

All the lazy ass non-cyclists feel like the road belongs to them only.

I know exactly what you are talking about, except for me its my friends (non cyclists) and then they come up with the argument that cyclist dont pay license fees! FFS, license fees as far as I know are calculated according to the weight of the vehicle, I will happily pay my couple of cents compared to cars if that is what will make them happy.

i often hear people moaning about cyclists needing to pay their way to use the roads. im all for that. ill pay a road tax, ill buy a license for my bicycle. will that ensure im safe on the road? will my having a license to be on the road stop car drivers from trying to take a gap to get passed me? im not sure it will... but if i need to buy a license ill still do it if it makes people happy.

i often hear people moaning about cyclists needing to pay their way to use the roads. im all for that. ill pay a road tax, ill buy a license for my bicycle. will that ensure im safe on the road? will my having a license to be on the road stop car drivers from trying to take a gap to get passed me? im not sure it will... but if i need to buy a license ill still do it if it makes people happy.

If you take the cost of a license, divide by the weight of said vehicle, then times the weight of bike, that should be the cost of license, its so small its not worth the admin.

If you take the cost of a license, divide by the weight of said vehicle, then times the weight of bike, that should be the cost of license, its so small its not worth the admin.

is that the reason we dont have to buy licenses? because the admin isnt worth the cost? if motorists want cyclists to be licensed to use the road then does it not make sense to make the effort?

is that the reason we dont have to buy licenses? because the admin isnt worth the cost? if motorists want cyclists to be licensed to use the road then does it not make sense to make the effort?

I do not think a license would change a thing, haters gonna hate. I am sure all cyclists pay for their vehicles licences, which is sitting at home not clogging up roads.